Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in Washington

Ben and I decided that we wanted to go to Washington for Thanksgiving this year to spend time with his side of the family (especially the Bishop family) and to get more of a career feel there. This was an AWESOME trip!

Puget Sound

Yeah, Lily, we don't eat rocks.

Glass art in a fountain
They were such good little tourists!

Chandelier of glass
Across the street from Pike's Market. I love how there's a guy on the corner playing the piano.
While touring downtown Seattle we stopped at an awesome restaurant called Ivars. YUM! Now before I begin this story let me first explain that this is no shabby restaurant. It's overlooking the water, more expensive, and is very nice. Some things are very hard to do when walking around all day. So I ended up nursing Sky in the restaurant. I thought that was awkward, wait until you hear what's next. So we were all done at the restaurant and thought it would be an appropriate time to take the babies into the bathroom to change their diapers. So I take Sky into the women's room, lie him down on the koala bear thingy, and surprise surprise! His diaper has exploded up his shirt and down his pants! In a nice restaurant, without a change of clothes, and getting poop everywhere. I just wanted to throw his clothes away because it was THAT bad. So April (being quite the supermom, I must say) ran out around downtown Seattle to buy him a new outfit. In the meantime I'm stuck in the bathroom with these sweet women who are all trying to help me clean him up. Let me just say that it was so bad it took me as long to clean him up as it took April to find and buy him a new outfit. All in a nice restaurant... sigh.



This is Pike's Market where they throw fish.
Although Erin and Alix are true twins, you could basically consider Lily and Sam to be cousin-twins. We actually went shoe shopping with all six kids and Ben was watching them for a bit when a store clerk walked up to him and said, "you have two sets of twins?!?!" But I can see how people might think these two are. Dang they're cute.
There was Rock Band to be played....
Let's just call Uncle Ben the human jungle gym..... the girls all played with him....
to the point of exhaustion. :) FYI this is TRULY a red outfit. I don't put my son in girls clothes. I promise. Haha.
Ben and I are really grateful that we were able to go to Seattle. Thanks to the Bishops for letting us come! Sorry for not having pictures of Thanksgiving itself. I forgot my camera. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come later.... we were really grateful for all the time we got to spend with the whole Macbeth side of the fam. Ben and I really felt all the love and support from all y'all! I definitely know we'll be back in Washington sooner or later. It is such a beautiful place (it reminds me of North Carolina so much). And speaking of North Carolina since most everyone already knows, I should update the people who don't. Ben and I are officially moving to North Carolina. We're moving in with my parents and we're going to do a bunch of job hunting along the east coast. We feel it's time to move on with our lives and starting fresh in a new place is a great way to do that. So watch out Raleigh, here we come! As of December 18th, Ben and I will be starting a new adventure.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Yay! Thanks for the post! :)

Sam and Lily do look alike! They are sooo cute! Preston's favorite pic was the one of Ben and Sky snoozin' together. :)

The only thing missing was a picture of yourself! Dishonor on your cow. But thanks for posting so quickly!

Chrissy said...

Jonathan LOVES Washington, and now I can see why! What a beautiful place, and how nice to be with family!

I bet your parents are loving the fact that you are coming and bringing their grandkids :).

And if Ben ever has an interview here in AZ, he is more than welcome to stay here.

Liz Wilcken said...

Brian's parent's house overlooks the Pugit Sound :) It's nice to see some familiar places in your photographs :) I agree that Seattle and NC look a lot alike :) Lookin' forward to seeing you soon!

Linda Westover said...

So much for David and Brenda being able to visit three or their four children's families in one trip. But I imagine that Trina is happy to have someone in the family a little closer to them. I think moving will be a great experience for you all. We wish you well.

April Bishop said...

It was so fun to have "y'all" come and stay with us... Now I just have to find you a job on the "right" coast, before you find one "over there". Good luck with packing though...

Raschelle said...

NO WAY!

Julie said...

What a great post! I loved the pictures. What a big step to move in with your parents! I'm sure it will help out so much financially. I can't wait to hear all the updates about moving and going to NC--I miss it so much!

Cheryl said...

Your trip sounded fantastic! I hope that you'll be able to find a job in Seattle...if not, we night never see you again! Wherever you end up, we wish you the very best! Know we love you!