The weather finally started warming up so we went to the park! They built a new library and park right next to my old schools so we take Lily there whenever it's warm enough. This is awesome for Lily since we don't know if it's humanly possible for her to be still (or quiet, for that matter). Then we came home, put the babies in bed, and I just enjoyed a night of fun. I sat on the couch and turned on the Olympics and read one of Paula Deen's books during the boring sports while I ate my ice cream, and then rooted for Apolo when he got to skate. Can I tell you how grateful I am that only my direct family has witnessed me watching the Olympics? I'm pretty embarrassing. I'm jumping all over the place, tugging the shirt of whoever's next to me, and screaming (while Ben reminds me not to wake up the babies). So I guess to sum it up I'm just doing a potty dance -- but if it makes me proud of my country then so be it.I thought that for anyone who's interested in what's up with Lily and Skyler I'd do a quick update on them as well.
Skyler
- sits up by himself (not 100% yet but he's not doing the leaning forward thing anymore)
- always wants to cuddle with his "Lovie" (thanks Aunt Cheryl for that)
- is sleeping amazingly (figures, he waits until now to sleep at night AND during the day.... better late than never, right?)
- he has had two teeth for a couple of months (which really makes me want to do some research on weaning....)
- is the sweetest child in the whole world! Don't get me wrong, Lily is a sweetie, too. Skyler just has the sweetest little spirit and is always so full of love. I just love that little Handsome. Gah! I could go kiss his cheeks right now.
Lily
- is probably the funniest toddler in the history of the world. That child will never lack for personality. When she can tell she's about to get in trouble she'll quickly fold her arms and offer a sweet little prayer (followed by a very loud Amen) or she'll run and get Sky a toy and give him a little hug. That child is smart. I think one of the hardest parts about being a parent is not laughing your head off when your child is doing something naughty.
- Like I said above, she is always saying prayers. We probably say about 5 prayers during dinner alone. Sometimes they consist of one word, but they're sincere. It's ADORABLE.
- goes on walks with my dad and she'll walk the whole time. I mean we're talking over a mile. Not too bad for a one-year-old.
- Her vocab is expanding so quickly. It's so nice to be able to understand your child! Some words sound very similar... for example "buh boh" is belly button but "boh boh" is ball. "Gaka" is guacala (a Venezuelan term for "very gross") and her aunt Becca. Sorry, Becca. It's kind of unfortunate that she says your name as she pulls chewed up peas out of her mouth. I promise we're working on it. :)

3 comments:
I absolutely can never get enough!! Thanks for the regular posts!
Heather, you need to have a column in a baby magazine or something, cuz you are a HILARIOUS writer. No joke :)
I love hearing about Lil's prayers. So cute... And I'm so glad Sky's sleeping for you! That's so nice.
Post a Comment