Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day to Me

This week wasn't such a hot week for our family. My dad's been having some problems with a tooth which made half of his face swell up, and then Lily woke up on Monday night with a stomach bug which meant that I got to have a "sleepover" in her room, and the rest of the week I've been fighting something really weird that involves continuous migraines. I've noticed that I've been having quite a few physical problems since I arrived in NC and we're really beginning to feel that one of the reasons we were supposed to come here was to help me get through all this. I don't know if I could have taken care of two babies by myself through all of the pain, dizziness, fatigue, etc. And here I have been blaming myself for having such a crummy Valentines Day week (I'm a big fan of holidays) because I had all of these plans that fell through because of my stupid body (P.S. I hate you meds). Let's just say this week has been a trial for me because I've had to confine myself quite a bit to my own room which has given me quite a bit of time to think. I realized how much gratitude I have for my husband. Despite our trials he is an amazing guy. I don't think there are many guys out there who could handle such a dramatic wife but he does that as well as handling a dramatic daughter. Haha. And last night my mom put out some chocolates and a card for us for Valentines day and it said, "Happy Valentines day to a wonderful daughter and her husband.... the only guy good enough for her!" I know it's a cheesy card but it made me think -- that's really all life should be about! So while I'm in the middle of all of these trials I should say that I'm so grateful that I have the most amazing husband and family. In the end that's really what matters. And since this is such a bummer of a post I'll add something that I find to be quite amusing: Ben and I are staying in my old room. A bunch of my old things are still in there and my bedside table seems to have been untouched. I was looking for something the other day when I ran across a letter I wrote to myself many years ago. It said not to open until 2013 but I figured it was close enough.... haha. At one point it says something like, "if you're married, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're such a lucky girl to have the best husband in the world!!!" And I would have to say, "you know what, Teenage Heather, you're right."


As a side note I thought I should post something in honor of the Olympics. I'm a huge fan of the Olympics (especially the winter ones). Skyler really enjoys pretending to be an olympian with me. Here he is in a couple of sports. I left out a few of his favorites like the halfpipe and biathalon, but you get the picture.....

7 comments:

David & Brenda said...

What do you mean "such a bummer of a post"? It made me cry and NOT because it was a downer!! I am so grateful you and Benjamin found each other!

Go Skyler!!!!! You're a winner in our book!

Liz Wilcken said...

Yay, Sky! I love that card too!

Manda 'n' Noah said...

LOL LOVED the video :-)i hope things go a little easier asap! you'll be in my prayers :)

Cheryl said...

I love all your posts! I have never found any to be down because you always find a way to bear testimony and find the positives in every situation. I loved the Olympic video with Skyler!!! I'm also enjoying the real Olympics tremendously!

Chrissy said...

I was sick over Valentine's Day too. It's always a bummer being sick, especially during any holiday. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Becca said...

Sky looks HOT in his UNC outfit! :D I am pleased!

Mary Ann said...

Oh how I needed to see Skyler's Olympics again. I miss y'all so much. Kiss my grandcuties for me.

Mom