Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 2 - Bird/Build Day!!!!!

Unfortunately, on day 2 of vacation Lily of course woke up sick -- really sick. So we switched around our days in hopes that she would get better soon, so on Tuesday we just stayed home with our activities. Although I know they say to let sick children rest and everything but Lily just wanted to be outside running around, with her little nose running the whole time. So outside we stayed for a good portion of the day because it was 75 degrees! YUM!


Notice how he only has one sock on. It seems like every time I take him out of his crib he has taken off one of his socks. I would think it was weird but Lily went through a phase like this when she would always pull up her left pant leg. Poor kids can't help that being bizarre is in their genes.

Time to make bird-feeders!!!

Although we hung all four of our pine cones on Tuesday none of them are still hanging from the trees because of squirrels. That's alright. I don't discriminate. In fact, I'd rather see squirrels around than birds.

"Hey Ben, do you think you could just whip out a bird house for me?" *gets wood and whips out a bird house* "thanks." Being married to a handyman is the BEST. :]

Ben and my dad helped a family in our ward move a couple of weeks ago and so they gave Ben their grill since they didn't want it anymore. He was happier than a kid on Christmas Day.


Well, yesterday Skyler and Ben woke up pretty sick. And this morning I woke up sick. I just laugh that we haven't really been sick this winter but the week we declare to be vacation week we all get it. Haha. So our activities will be delayed until we're all feeling better. The good news is that our first daffodil bloomed yesterday! Yay for spring coming!

3 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Sad to hear you're sick! But I'm loving the vacation! Our neighbors here have a bird feeder, so we have lots of birds around our house. They (the birds) even built a nest in the hollow of our tree out front!

Becca said...

Good to see y'all havin' fun! Sorry that you're sick though. :(

Manda 'n' Noah said...

oh my goodness, grass!!! aahh i had forgotten what the stuff looked like..i hope you guys feel better soon! you really deserve a vacation :-)