Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peas, Please!!!

Me and my sous chef, Lily, made chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. She's an amazing helper! She pulls up her chair every time I cook or do dishes so she can help. Not only is she covered in flour but as I always say she is just covered in cuteness!!!



What would childhood be like without licking beaters???

Don't I look like a supermodel when it's first thing in the morning???

He only wishes he had a 'fro. Dream on, Hubby.

One of the my favorite moments so far! It was so cute when she wanted to feed him his peas. Sure half of the time she'd turn the spoon wrong and the food would drop in my lap but it was 100% worth it! *A side story about peas: I was feeding Sky when I was home alone one night and so I had Lily sit next to me with milk and one of the cookies we made. Even with that cookie in hand she kept getting jealous that I was feeding Skyler. "Do you want some peas instead of your cookie?" She nodded. "Say please." "Pweese!!!" And we continued like that for the rest of the night until the peas were gone. It was pretty awesome that not only did she eat the peas instead of her cookie but she was begging for them. MWAHAHA. VICTORY!!!!


Well this upcoming week our little family is going on a family vacation. We're staying in Raleigh but we're going to do fun and free things everyday!!! It's just so frustrating waiting for a job that we decided that "life is not just to be endured but also enjoyed." So next week is going to be a blast! Or so I hope....

8 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Woohoo! Lots of pics! Boy, Rose is just the opposite of her flower cousin. I caught her sneaking a cookie, and she lied and said she wasn't eating a cookie, but peas. And we didn't even have peas in the house at the time!

Julie said...

Oh, you'll have to fill us in on your adventures next week! I always love hearing about free things people do. Have fun!

We are in the same boat as you with the job situation--still looking. It is frustrating, but something will come eventually...at least that is what I keep telling myself. :)

Cheryl said...

Licking beaters isn't just for kids! Yummm!
How are yoy doing this week? Grandpa has been taking Vitamin B12 lately and has so much more energy. The doctor has even takin him off his nitro patches. Maybe it would help with your low blood pressure. It's worth a try. You and Benjamin married just right!

Becca said...

THANK YOU! What a marvelous post! Lil is so cute and so is Sky! I love it when Lily wears aprons!!!!

Chrissy said...

I LOVE cooking in the kitchen with kiddos. True, they make a big mess, but they are just so cute and enjoy it so much. Your kiddos are so cute, Lil is so adorable covered in chocolate!

I can't wait to hear about all the fun things you do this week. You guys have such a great attitude!

April Bishop said...

Check out Sky's cheeks in that last picture! What a cute, chubby guy! And Lily sure is growing up... Have a great week next week!

David & Brenda said...

I shouldn't have watched that before I broke my fast! Lily is the BEST commercial ever for chocolate chocolate chip cookies!! Sky is adorable...even with peas coming out of his mouth. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! If only my kids would love veggies as well! Good job! I will have to get some advise! Have fun on your trip! We are so jealous!