So, yes, Ben's birthday was the third, but that's also the day we celebrated the 4th. It was a fabulous day and Ben's babies gave him the best present of all: they both fell asleep on him (that's a total miracle for Lily because she hasn't done that since she was fresh out of the oven).
PROOF

Ben's family has the tradition that the birthday boy/girl gets to decorate their own cake. And Ben was not about to break tradition this year.

We went to fireworks at a park just outside of Raleigh and ate a lot of good food.
Don't worry. He got it all.




This was Lily and Skyler's first experience with fireworks. I've been really nervous to take them to fireworks because of the late time and the noise. And they both freaked out a little in the beginning but by the end they were giggling and Skyler was actually clapping.

I have an ooberly cute movie of Lily dancing through the crowds but Blogger doesn't seem to upload videos well anymore..... but at one point when I was with her she made her way up to right in front of the band. Nobody was watching them and so Lily was dancing by herself, like a crazy woman, and all of these pro photographers started kneeling around her and snapping pics. Lily was loving it.

3 comments:
That cake is ah-mazing, good job Ben! It sounds like you had an awesome fourth! I love the pics of Lily with her hair up and Sky licking the bowl. So cute!!
That picture of Sky and the bowl cracks me up every time I see it! It's so totally him. Haha! I think you should try reposting the movie cuz I wanna see it! I was able to see Lizzie's movies on her blog that you couldn't....I wonder if there's something wrong with your internet connection....
Happy belated birthday Benjamin! Happy belated 4th of July as well! Thanks for the birthday wishes Heather! You are the sweetest little thing!!!!! The kids look so cute, but what do you expect from such good looking parents. :o)
Love all y'all!
Post a Comment