Since when did my kids look like this??? Oh since a year ago.
Skyler was still doing tummy time and Lily had a vocabulary of just a few words, mostly animals.
It's hard to believe that a year ago we had just barely moved in with my parents. Ben was on the hunt for a job. I was still waking up 3 times a night with Skyler despite him being 5 1/2 months old.
As I look back at the year I can't believe everything that has happened. Now that I look back at life it really didn't start until I got married. So I guess that makes me only 3 1/2 years old.....
So onto last years' resolutions... did I actually do them? I only had 2 specific goals, after all.
#1: lose 10 pounds. Check. (Although I don't recommend the "stress diet" that I was on. Extremely UNhealthy.)
#2: don't get pregnant. Check. (Bless you ParaGard)
Ta da!!!!! (Although I can say that neither of those are my goal this year.... just saying....)
This year is going to be even more simple. I've learned that I do much better when I'm not pushing myself to do 5.34 billion things at the same time. So my goal this year is to make an everyday effort to stay spiritually healthy, and to have a good, strong relationship with everyone in my family (not that that's difficult for me).
This past year has made me face the biggest uphill battle of my life (Ben's unemployment) but this year has been the one that I have grown the most BY FAR. I really want to share the difference in myself as a testimony to you.
You know those times when you don't get to bed until 11:30 and you're exhausted and you think, "I'll just read half a chapter in my scriptures tonight???????" or maybe even "I'm too tired to read at all?" I didn't do that this past year. I read the whole chapter just about every single night because if I'm willing to waste 2 hours on a movie, or reading, or blogging, I should be willing to spend much more time dedicated to the Lord. That small change has made all the difference in my life. Pretty bizarre, but it has been the key to blessings for me.
I hope this year will treat all y'all well. If you're reading this blog it means we love you!


3 comments:
A really feel good post!!
However... when I saw the 1st pic, I thought, "Benjamin shaved his beard!" and then had to face that he is probably still hair covered because that was an old post. But...since you think he looks really HOT with all that face hair and you don't have a goal NOT to get pregnant in 2011... maybe we are going to get a new grandchild!!?
i new you loved me! Thank you for being so inspiring
Brenda, Brenda, Brenda... Has she not had enough grandbabies lately? You two do make beautiful children!
Thank you for sharing your testimony of how the scriptures have blessed your life.
Happy 2011!
Post a Comment