Saturday, January 8, 2011

My "Too Cute Bark Bark"

 And the beat goes on....

 My kids fight over who gets to help me sweep.  Sounds sweet doesn't it?  Usually it just means my dirt pile gets scattered and I have to hurry and finish so I can hand them the broom.

 Little Handsome in all his cuteness.

 This week Lily decided it would be fun to invent the game "Napping," in which you pretend to take a nap on the couch with your blankie.  Skyler even joined in.  

No noise.
No fighting.
Nothing broke.
No refereeing on my part.  

This is the PERFECT game!!!!

Until........

 Skyler got bored and stole her doll saying that it was Daddy's.  Thanks for finding it, Bud.  Daddy's been looking for it for a while now.....

 And then Skyler got bored again and raided their secret stash of forbidden objects (that I still haven't found) and created this beautiful piece of artwork next to the fireplace.  Now let's hope that the extra paint the builder gave us matches the existing wall color....

Lily made us brownies.  Have I ever mentioned how much she loves to cook.  Yes?  Oh.  OK.  But seriously, it's like therapy for her.  She even loves cookbooks more than real books.  If I need to make an important phone call I hand her a cookbook.

Last night we had a precious moment of eating "Lady And The Tramp Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup."  It was AWESOME.  She kept doing it over and over and finally we had to tell her we couldn't so that WE could eat!

So my sister, Lizzie had her twins on the 30th.  Emmeline and Jane Wilcken.  They've both spent time in the NICU and have had a really difficult start to life.  Jane finally came home, but Emmeline is still there.  They're not exactly sure what's wrong with her.  Prayers would be appreciated!!!

My mom, of course, flew out to Seattle mid-December to help and now my Dad's had to fly out as well.  They need all the help they can get at this point while they're averaging little to no sleep.  (In case you're unaware my sister has 3 kids 5 and under before the twins).  So what does this mean for us???

We have our first house guest: my/my parents' dog Mia.  The kids were thrilled beyond thrilled.  And yesterday as Lily tickled Mia and squeaked up in her highest voice she said, "Oh Bark Bark!  Too cute!!!"

Dang life's rough.  ;)

6 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

I have two words for you... MAGIC ERASER!!! It should get that beautiful picture off your wall without having to re-paint!!! Buy one, love one!!!

David & Brenda said...

I want to share chicken noodle soup 'Lady and the Tramp' style with Lily too!

Cheryl said...

Brenda Sue and I had the same advice...Magic Erasers take cryons off without having to paint! Miraculous!!!
I think Lily gets her love of cookbooks from Grandma Pierson and me. I'm addicted to cookbooks or cooking websites!
I'll add my prayers for your sister and her twins.

Becca said...

Your babies are too cute! I think you guys should plan a visit here soon. :)

Chrissy said...

That is a fun post (except the marker on the wall-I feel for you). I wish my kids would play the napping game :). We will be praying for Liz too.

Michal Thompson said...

i went and bought two little brooms so that they could all help me sweep. ARG- corbin has also written on his fair share of walls. Builders Paint= paint over it. I say just paint, then you can clean it. I have lots of paint colors if you need them