Lily is my child. She loves all things arty. She gets some of that from Ben, too, though. So I wasn't too surprised when Lily took up the practice of dipping the grill brush (good thing we don't ever use it) in the water table outside and painting the patio with water.
I imagine that in his dreams he's saying, "Hmmmm..."
Maybe we could replicate a statue and call him "The Mini Thinker"
Nothing better than a pair of honey buns sticking up in the air.
This is going to sound horrible but my absolute favorite part of the day is when Ben and I go and tuck in the babies right before we go to bed. Seriously, we open their door and WABAM! All this delicious smelling air just hits ya in the nose. Oh my gosh, y'all, I die when I smell it. It's soooooo good. There's no smell better than baby smell. And honestly, I know this may sound gross too, but the sooner their baby soap smell rubs off, the better. Their natural smell is amazing.
Lily's Quote of the Day
(we were looking at a picture of a pond)
Me: Lily, do you know what those flowers are called?
Lily: No.
Me: Those are called "lilies" just like your name.
Lily: No, those are "Skylers."
Lily is also starting to develop her own toddler jokes which are absolutely hysterical if you're sitting there with her watching her expressions as she cracks up over her own humor. The other day we were talking about things that were in the sky (sun, clouds, birds) when she looked at me mischievously and said, "Dogs fly in the sky!" *snicker snicker* "Bunnies fly in the sky!" *snicker snicker* "Nanni flies HIGH in the sky! *full out laughing on the floor* I sense some good days full of laughter ahead.
And thank you for your kind words about the castle. I'm not going to lie. It's awesome. And if you DO live close by, seriously just give me a call and tell me you're on your way over. We love visitors. Just make sure your kids are wearing something that can get a little dusty from the drywall/mudding.
5 comments:
I wish we were close enough to come see your castle! It is awesome. Your kids are so cute! I love this age where their personalities start to show more and more. :)
This post was a perfect end to my day. Preston and I were laughing out loud reading about Miss Lil.
Love your babies!
Our little Lily is growing up. Sure would love to smell some of that baby smell!
I have been thinking the same thing recently about baby smells. Kate just smells AMAZING! Like a dessert! I could seriously eat her up. And I have even inhaled her comfort ellie all the time, but its not quite as strong as her smell. I swore I could smell her all through the house last night, then I realized it waqs the german oven pancakes I made last night!
PS- don't you think they should make customized "your baby's scent" cologne for husbands?
Post a Comment