Friday, April 1, 2011

Skyler's New Word (!!!!!!)

Look at those cheeks!  Don't you just want to gobble them up right NOW?!?!?  I know I do.  I attack his cheeks with kisses five bazillion times a day.  Anyhoo, my kids are obsessed with ice.  Our ice dispenser is practically a candy dispenser to them.  Sometimes we can lure them to finish their dinner by telling them we'll give them ice afterwards.  And yes, I know that chewing on ice isn't good for your teeth.  But that's only one of the reasons why I totally drank water when my nurse wasn't in my room during both of my labors.  MWAHAHAHAHA!  


So two Sundays ago something really really really big happened that should have happened a LONG time ago: Skyler called me "Mommy."  I have been "Daddy" for forever.  It was just wrong.  Life is fabulous now.  

The List of Randoms
  • I am practically counting down for The Hunger Games movie coming out next March.  It's going to be a long wait.
  • So glad Richard is Top Chef.  I think I would have had to eat some form of chocolate if it would have been Mike.  Gag.
  • Vinegar is my new BFF in the kitchen.  Spray it on your stainless steel and wipe with a rag.  Gets those finger prints off in a second.  Bless you, Erin, for teaching me this.  
  • So I'm kind of, sort of, maybe thinking about doing some sort of fundraiser for Japan.  Anybody have any good ideas as to what to do?  Or would anybody be interested in doing it with me???  PPPLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE!

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Nice. Maddox just started calling me Mam (yeah, not even Mom, but I'll take it). I was Daddy too.
That is awesome that he's finally saying it!!

Liz Wilcken said...

Like mother, like kids. (Lucky water and ice). Yay Sky! If u want I can email you the letter I got from Brian's old mission pres's wife we got this morning (they are mega church leaders from Japan areas to Microindonesia right now, and are currently in Japan) about how to help.