Ben's Post
Yesterday, Lily and I had the opportunity to stay home from church. I have been sick and Lily was acting like something was wrong with her. She was so upset that Mommy and Skyler went to church without her that it took quite a while for me to calm her down. I finally asked her if she wanted to watch a movie about church.
I put in the Joseph Smith video that the church has playing in the legacy theater and then we snuggled on the couch. She got up and ran around a bit, but she would always come back when something important was happening and sit quietly until it finished.
During the the movie the spirit was so strong. As it neared the end I could feel the spirit telling me that the things I was see really had happened. That the Lord does not want us to wander aimlessly here on earth and that he really does have a plan for each and everyone of us, but especially for me. The church was reorganized so that you and I can know of our potential and get an eternal view of what God has done for us.
As the movie ended I looked at Lily as she sat looking at the TV. I asked her, "Lily, how do you feel?"
She looked at me with one of her amazing smiles and said, "really really good, Daddy."
I pulled her in close and explained that the reason why she felt good was the Holy Ghost telling her that what she had seen was important and that Heavenly Father loves her so much. What a special experience this has been for me. Many times Heather and I have wondered if what we are trying to teach our children is making an impact. Watching Lily and seeing her response to the spirit reinforces that that we are doing something right.
I am so grateful for what he Lord has given me. He has given me everything I have. A beautiful wife who loves me a lot more than I deserve most of the time and children who love me too. A good job and a home. Parents who raised me the right way and were willing to let me make mistakes and were there for me when I needed them most.
I am eternally grateful for the Savior. His life He freely gave so that I can be made whole. He was the perfect example of how to live and how to love. I know that God sent Him to help lift us and support us in our deepest trials and to rejoice with us when we suceed. I know that He lives.
I can't imagine my life without the hope that the atonement brings. How difficult it would be for me to go day to day without knowing that God loves me and that I have a chance to be with Him again. To know that my family will be there for me even after this life and that I can be with them eternally. To know that I have worth.
Honestly, I have known these things for most of my life, but to sit with my daughter on a Sunday morning and experience these feelings all over again, I can't quite discribe what that is like.
8 comments:
Thank you for sharing your testimony! How blessed to have recognized the spirit and the teaching opportunity!
Can I copy and paste this to Lauren?? She needs to hear her cousin's testimony :)
Amen. That simple and that great. Keep up the good work Ben!
Oh Ben, how i dearly miss our talks! you are an amazing dad and i'm so proud of you. the one thing i really miss about my dad was the random talks about the gosple that we would share and i can see you doing that with lily as she gets older. Dad would be so proud of you too :) we love you guys keep up the amazing work like always :)
Beautifully put, Ben!
Really sweet. Can't wait to see you in a few days.
All I can say is thank you for sharing that. It means a lot hearing someones testimony today.
Thank you, Benjamin, for writing your testimony down as well as sharing your feelings with us last Sunday. There is no more precious gift that a parent can receive. I love you!
Post a Comment