Monday, May 23, 2011

Let's All Breathe a Sigh Of Relief

Before Ben had to run out the door for work Lily said, "Stop Daddy!  Your tie!" and handed him Skyler's tie.  You know what, it actually goes with his shirt.  Maybe people wouldn't notice the slight size difference...


This weekend Ben went to Utah.  By himself.  To visit family.

Now we've been separated for a few days at a time before, but only when I've lived with my parents.  So this was kind of a big deal. 

Here are this past weekend's biggest accomplishments:
  1. I did not get killed by a serial killer who apparently WASN'T lurking around my house at night time with a variety of scary weapons.
  2. I managed to get through all 3 hours of church.  Ummm.... that's a big deal.  I happen to have a son (who shall remain nameless) who is infamous for crying gallons of tears each Sunday in nursery (for example, someone in my ward said that when her kids heard a baby crying in Sacrament Meeting they didn't even turn around and said, "it's probably [my nameless son]".  I'm begining to wonder if our nursery leaders have to stick an IV in him to keep him hydrated.  When that is combined with another sibling who is new to using the potty, church is quite the adventure.  But it was a miracle.  I actually survived.  And managed to make pudding for my CTR 4 class.
  3. I listened to my children stay up until 9:30 because they're party animals when they share a room.  Might I add that they requested to go to bed 15 minutes early (6:45).  I honestly thought to myself, "HOW AWESOME!"  They converted their beds into trampolines and jumped their hearts out.  Not literally, though.  That would be really gross.  AND deadly. 
So it was a successful weekend but we're excited to have Ben come home.  The babies always look at me so disappointed when I get them out of bed first thing in the morning.  :(

And stay tuned for a post this week about an addition to our family.  And no I'm not pregnant.  And no, it's not a pet.  Although I can say that it will be babied probably as much as either.  By Ben, that is.  Not me.  I doubt I could baby something that weighs over 600 pounds.  Dun, dun, DUN!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you did it! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would never survive a weekend without my husband or family! Kudos to you!!!

Linda Westover said...

Is Ben feeling any better now? He was pretty miserable when we saw him on Saturday evening. But it was great to see him (and the other sibs)even if he didn't feel well.
By the way, I love your posts!

Liz Wilcken said...

So what's getting babied? A gigantic tv the size of your wall?