Heather has been a great inspiration to me since I first met her. Her love, willingness to forgive, sense of humor, determination to do and be the best she can be, and faithfulness have been a light to me to help direct and guide me through many of the trials that we have had since being married. I have seen her love and forgive when I could not. I have seen her struggle through trials and disappointments with the faith that she would be better for them. I have admired her as she turns to the Lord in faith and allows him to change her and make her into a masterpiece. Heather, I have had few heroes in my life, but I need you to know that you are one of them.
Here are some memories or things that I hold dear to my heart about Heather.
- Kneeling across the alter with her and the wonder and joy I felt looking into her eyes.
- Our little shack and how hard we tried to make it feel like home.
- Standing in the bathroom holding each other when we found out we were expecting Lily.
- Heathers arm around me when I found out that I had been laid off and her giving me strength and support through those trials.
- The forgotten ice cream cone...
- Giving up the possibility of a mission so she could be with me.
- Her eyes. They are gorgeous, but they are what say the most.
- How she absolutely hates it when I am not there when she goes to sleep. She will not go to bed unless I am there.
- Busch Gardens on our 3rd anniversary.
- The tears that she shed when she realized that Lily and Skyler were growing up.
- Snuggling on the couch watching some movie that wasn't worth the dollar that we spent for it, but just enjoying being together.
- How excited she was for her hydrangeas.
- Rubbing her foot against my leg so that she can fall to sleep.
- The look in her eyes as she watchs the kids sleep.
Heather, I hope you know that I love you with everything that I am. We might be poor. We might stuggle and get frustrated. But I wouldn't have any other way.
Happy Birthday Little Miss.
8 comments:
BEN!!! You're not supposed to make ME cry! You're supposed to make HER cry! But it's all true. Although what is this forgotten ice cream cone thingy? Happy Birthday Little Sis!
Oh Ben. He really is too sweet.
The forgotten ice cream cone story took place Thanksgiving 2008. Ben and I went out to buy a pregnancy test and got ice cream on the way home. We didn't think we were pregnant. But we were. And it was a surprise. So I completely forgot about the ice cream cone waiting for me on the counter and it just melted away. For those of you who are unaware, I NEVER EVER EVER let ice cream go to waste. That's just wrong. But Skyler is obviously totally worth that wasted ice cream. ;)
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday! Oh to have a husband that writes lovely things about his wife!
Aren't you two just the cutest couple ever? Ben, you're a good guy. Real men write awesome things on their blog about their wives. Way to man up! :)
Happy Birthday Little Puebar. You have always been a source of joy and happiness (not to mention entertainment) to our family. It was worth missing out on an hour of sleep each night just to hear your monologues between scripture study and family prayers (and you know how I love my sleep). Glad you found your way back to Zion and brought Ben, Lily, and Skylar with you. Love, Papa
Oh, Ben, thank you for loving our daughter so much. She is pretty special (not at all prejudiced, you know ;D). Love you and happy B-day,Foobabe!
PASS THE TISSUES. THAT was touching AND adorable. Ben, Heather. Speechless. Ya'll are so dang cute.
Post a Comment