Monday, August 8, 2011

The Wonders and Joys of Life

This week has been a pretty relaxed week. I have been trying to finish the castle and when I went into Lowes this week I found some grey paint on clearance. Heather has wanted to paint the bathroom downstairs grey and so I felt pretty safe buying it without checking with her. When she saw it what did she want to do? Paint it that night. So we got the stuff and between the two of us it turned out pretty amazing. Only problem is I am still trying to find time to finish the castle.



The kiddos had their annual doctor's visit and are doing great. Lily was so scared by the nurse that they weren't able to measure her, but she is doing really well. Apparently their doctor is concerned that she doesn't share 100% of the time. She (the doctor) apparently is still not a mom. Skyler on the other hand is in the 75th percentile for his age. They were impressed that he is talking so well. He had to get his immunizations and has been a little under the weather, but that means he snuggles a lot more which I (Ben) don't mind.


While waiting to see the doctor Lily had to use the restroom. Because Heather was by herself she also took Skyler into the bathroom with her. Lily did her business and while she washed her hands Heather looks and sees Skyler who has his mouth open and tongue out, moving in to see if the toilet tastes as good as it looks. I can only imagine the nurses reaction to a panicked scream, "SKYLER! NO! DON'T LICK THE TOILET!!!" For all you concerned mothers, Heather was fast enough to prevent anything too disgusting from happening.



It has also been really nice to see Lily becoming a good older sister... most of the time. When I am home it is so nice to see the kids love each other. Yes sometimes they do things to aggravate each other, but a lot of the time they really have fun together (much of the time adding to Heather's insanity). I have noticed, though, that Lily really does seem to worry about Skyler. She will make sure that he is OK or bring him his blankie. Today, while he was feverish from his immunizations, she wanted to help us put him in bed. We have start a tradition where we sing I am a Child of God to them as we get them ready. As we were tucking him in she sang it for him. She knew most of the words and sang it pretty reverently for Lily. It makes my heart melt to have such sweet kids.




Can I also say that Skyler has the most impeccable sense of fashion. I really wouldn't be surprised if this fall you see milk pitchers on all the runways. After all, who needs 6 inch stilettos when you can have a 12 inch hat?







3 comments:

Brian said...

His "hat" is like the perfect size too! Awesome. Glad he's doing better today. How are you feeling Feb? Any fever?

Cheryl said...

Skyler looked so pitiful with IV hooked up! Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. The bathroom looks great! Children have such an amazing ability to love!

Mary Ann said...

Lol and lol again at Skyler's hat! Love that boy.