Thursday, September 15, 2011

Girliness

Can I tell you how much I love having a girl?  Umm... a lot.  I am a total girl. Lily's a total girl. It just works.  I could probably go bankrupt buying kid clothes if I had no self control.  And even though Lily won't let me anywhere near her with anything that plugs into a wall (blow dryer, curling iron, blender.... just kidding..... except not really... she hates the blender, too) she will let me put foam curlers in her hair.  Too bad you can't see them in this pic.



My other new favorite thing?  Toddler skinny jeans.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I kind of gushed over her the entire first day she wore them. 




Is it completely ridiculous that I look at the girls in my CTR 4 class and at the Sunbeams and think, "I would totally wear that" or "I would do my hair that way, too?"  Maybe I am young.  One of the boys in my class used to call me "Sister Macbeth" and he would call Ben "Sister Macbeth's dad."  Maybe he just thinks Ben looks old..... yeah, that's gotta be it. (Just kidding, Hubby!)

So as for the blog address change.  Umm... yeah.  It didn't happen.  I changed my mind.  Skyler, just know that I really do love you as much as the rest of the family. 

And speaking of Skyler, he still has hives.  And after a little chat with our doctor I learned that they only expected him to have hives for 2 weeks, but really they can last up to 6.  !!!!!!!!!!!!  Poor, poor, poor Captain Handsome Pants.  Well, I should look on the bright side and think that at least he already has 3 1/2 weeks down.  At least he takes killer naps now that he's Benedryl-ed up constantly. 

9 comments:

Benjamin Macbeth said...

Hummm...... Since I look old.... Maybe you really are the age my family thinks you are...... (just kidding. Oh how I love our little kiddos. They really are the best thing that has happened to us.

D. Eisele said...

Hahahah I literally just chuckled out loud when I read that the little boy called Ben, "sister macbeth's dad."

Oh Heather how I love your blog. I can seriously hear your voice in my head when I read it. :)

Rachel said...

I am glad that there is some good in your little studs hives (...benedryl induced naps), but just the same I hope that you cute little guy clears up soon! And Lily is pretty much the cutest thing ever in those skinny jeans (I would TOTALLY wear them ;-) ).

Liz Wilcken said...

Lily looks so grown up and tall in those jeans. Any tips for handling curly hair? I can't figure out what to do with Kate's wild hair.

PS-We should webcam sometime. What time works for you?

Michal Thompson said...

Killer naps ate always good!! LI've this

Michal Thompson said...

That was are and Love

Manda 'n' Noah said...

lily is the prettiest little girl EVER..just sayin :)

ChrisPoll said...

I was just thinking. I know the doctors said that the hives are from an infection. My brother had the same problem when he was little and my mom found out he was allergic to the perfume in the laundry soap. Same thing with me too. I have a low tolerance to fragrance and perfumes. Just something to try.

All of Us said...

Go ahead and call my kid out for calling Ben your dad! Jerry cracks me up.