This past week we got to celebrate one of my favorite weird holidays: National Talk Like a Pirate Day. And since Krispy Kreme gives you a free donut just for saying a pirate phrase ("Er, Matey!" according to Skyler), or a free DOZEN for dressing up, we opted to dress up all three of the kids so that we could gobble up our share of unhealthy goodness. We put together some outfits from what they alreeady had, made some paper hats and eye patches, gave Lily jewelry, and covered Skyler in a liquid eyeliner beard. The kiddos even stole toilet paper tubes from the trash can and used them as telescopes.
Isn't Krispey Kreme amazing? I guess that's Raleigh's claim to fame. It did all start in this city, you know.
With the combination of three dressed up kids and six people saying pirate phrases, we ended up scoring 42 free donuts. Suh-weet. Literally.
And in case you're wondering, we did eat all the donuts. No need to comment about it.
1 comment:
Well I guess Mom and I are failures as parents. We thought that you wouldn't miss anything by skipping a grade, but if I remember correctly the only thing that you would really be missing was North Carolina history, and who really cares about that? BUT just to set the record straight (and to repent for my failure as a home school teacher), according to http://locations.krispykreme.com/location/raleigh "Vernon Rudolph founded Krispy Kreme in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on July 13, 1937" but I'm sure the Raleigh store was one of the first.
Post a Comment