I feel like Skyler oftentimes gets overshadowed on the blog because he's in the unfortunate position of being the middle child. So this post is dedicated to my Little Handsome, or "Skyler Macbeff" as he likes to call himself.
Let's be honest here. I am Skyler's favorite person in the whole world. He's been bonded with me since he was born. He loves everybody now (and has for quite a while) but he is for sure a mama's boy.
**Here's a background story on his shirt: I found that at Target when I was pregnant with Lily. Since we were 99% sure Lily was going to be a boy I bought it and stuffed it in Ben's stocking when I was probably only 10 weeks along with her. So when we found out she was a girl we held onto it until Skyler came around.**
Playing tennis with a play kitchen spatula and a doggy tennis ball. Skyler is still obsessed with all things ball related. Doesn't he look so old in this picture? Oh my little 3 year-old.
And this wouldn't be an accurate post if I didn't mention his sensitivity. Skyler cries. A lot. Maybe it's for a legitimate reason or maybe it's because someone looked at him. A lot of the time he can't remember why he's crying. In this particular picture he was playing outside because we got about 20 minutes of snow (if you look closely you can see a few tiny flakes) and he was upset that his hands were cold. Yep, those are real tears.
One of my recent favorite quotes from Skyler (we've been practicing hard at letters and their sounds):
"X is for garden! Puh puh! Garden!"
Skyler Trivia:
- Even though he's big for his age, he's way heavier than he looks. I'm used to his weight but I know a lot of people don't expect him to be such a brick when they lift him. He also has some serious muscle. He can push me over when he wants to.
- He is 100% potty trained. We started potty-training him last spring and I wouldn't say that he was completely potty trained until October or November, despite our consistency. But all those months of hard work paid off and now we don't have to think about it again with him.
- He is amazing in Primary. I was worried about having two of my kids in the first two rows in the Primary room while I was teaching sharing time, but Skyler has been awesome. I can't say the same for his older sister, though.... one battle at a time....
- He continues to live for food. We will be dirt poor when he's a teenager.
- Whenever he asks if he can do or have something, he bats his eyelashes at me. His payment is letting me kiss both of his cheeks because I know his chubby cheek days are limited.
6 comments:
No doubt about it - Skyler is loveable (as are the rest of your cuties)!
Skyler looks so much bigger and it's only been a few weeks since I've seen him!
He sure is handsome! I miss him!
so does the back of his shirt say, "'cause my Mom still has hers!"? (hee hee)
Wow! A new post today from all three of our children who have blogs! Today is going to be a good day!!
Skyler also got the tendency to cry from his Daddy, and based on the pictures, I suspect he inherited the love of food as well! (: You have a beautiful family!!!
Every time I look at the title to this blog, I think of Samoa. That is totally a Samoan pronunciation; they can't say "th".
Post a Comment