Moving on.
We found out that on Saturday the city of Raleigh was going to put on an egg hunt at a bunch of city parks and ours would be participating. It was free and I knew the kids would love it. Plus, why not put a few of our tax dollars to use? So we went despite the chilly weather. We were one of the last to arrive and that turned out to be in our favor. We were at the end of the line and right next to a huge section of eggs that none of the kids were pointed toward. We strategized with the kids (because we're those kinds of parents) and they over-filled their buckets. I had a proud mom moment when Lily saw a little toddler who only had one egg and she went up to him and handed him some of the things in her bucket. I love that girl.
The city of Raleigh had decided to make these "healthy" Easter eggs. So they were filled with things like kid tattoos, pencils, crayons, pretzels, bouncy balls, whistles (oh joy), and bubbles. Lily even found that one of her eggs contained a prize and she won 3 big bubble wands. The kiddos were ecstatic. I, on the other hand, would have preferred chocolate. But I do have it on good authority that the Easter Bunny is bringing some chocolate soon...
When transporting your little dolls in a model Mercedes Benz, make sure you don't waste any space. Obviously you can load your snacks into the trunk and fit an extra passenger under the hood.
Ben's Quote of the Week (WARNING: It's about leg hair)
(As Ben's rubbing my legs)
Me: "I know I'm not smooth. Am I at the sandpaper or the prickly stage?"
Ben: "Sandpaper. But it's not bad. I mean, you're probably only 170 grit."
Only my husband would tell me what kind of sandpaper my legs feel like.
3 comments:
I love your Ben! (In a brother/sister sort of way, of course) :)
The leg hair comment is hilarious! Ben is a good sport. :) I sort of have a leg-shaving obsession and Cory is under strict orders if I were ever to become incapacitated, to see that my legs get shaved. Haha. (But seriously!) :)
Loved the photo of the Mercedes and its cargo! Didn't know you still have it :D.
Post a Comment