With the move I haven't taken any pictures, but I promise that soon my blog will be smothered with pictures of cute kiddos, especially with Ella and Skyler's birthdays coming up. So here are some updates for now.
1 - We are officially in our new house! Both closings together only took 45 minutes and it was a breeze. On the other hand, moving... not so much. Ben and my dad had extreme heat the day they loaded up the truck and then we had crazy nearby thunderstorms the night we unloaded. But everyone is alive and our house is fortunately waterproof and has AC. The kids are in love with the house and the new arrangements. Lily and Ella share a room now which Ben and I thought would mean more peace in the evening. WRONG. As soon as Ella found out that she was sharing with Lily, she started jumping in her crib (as well as she could on her honeys anyway), laughed, and didn't calm down until waaaay past her bedtime. Skyler's just thrilled with his own room and bathroom. I now have all my appliances so things can get real now.
2 - After taking the dreaded glucose test a couple of weeks ago, I was informed that I had barely failed. No matter how well/poorly I eat I'm borderline in every pregnancy, so I wasn't surprised. It's just something that runs in my family. So my OB sent me a diet plan in the mail. It was pretty horrible. It said something to the effect of, "Grains, fruits, starchy vegetables, legumes, and dairy all have carbs in them. Limit these as much as possible." Translation: this is a meat and salad diet. The salad I'm fine with, but since Ben and I have eaten vegetarian every other day for a couple of years, the meat thing was difficult on me. My body didn't respond well. But I figured I could live the diet for a week just so that I would pass my 3 hour test and get back to normal. I've never failed the 3 hour test before. But after living the strict meat/salad diet, I still failed the other glucose test and I now have gestational diabetes. I was crushed. I think if I was normal, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But this diet undoes my diet for my other health issues, including my heart. After living the diet for a week, I was left so weak my mom had to do all of my packing. I was barely able to get around. So my prayer right now is that my body will adapt and I will survive the next 9 weeks while still managing to gain the remaining 15 pounds I need to gain.
2 comments:
Don't worry about gaining that weight. The baby will gain the weight it needs to whether you eat like a pig or not. Sorry about failing the test. I hear you can't fake the test out by changing your diet, unless maybe it's something you've changed for awhile. :( Glad the move is over though!
Moving is awful!!! I am glad you are in your house. And sorry about the glucose test:(
Post a Comment