Sometimes I forget to put the SD card in my camera before taking pictures. It happens. So since we lost our camera cord in the move and I just got my new one in the mail today, I discovered these gems on my Nikon.
You know when your kids are ridiculously quiet and for the first little while you're soaking it up and not even realizing it's quiet? And then it starts sinking in and all of a sudden your heartbeat picks up a little? Because with kids, silence is usually a dangerous thing?
Yep. It happened right before we moved. And so I started waddle-running for Lily and Skyler's room and of course, it was locked. So I unlocked it and they hid shamefully behind their bunk beds.
And this is what I found:
I will entitle this picture "BLACKMAIL." Oh, Skyler. You have a long future of sucking up to me when you're a teenager.
Ben rarely has to be in the office, but he had to be in the office on my birthday. So I figured that in order to have a fun and non-whiny kid day, we would do a bunch of fun things for them. So we went to Target and looked around. We ate icees and noticed that paint/build your own kites kits were on clearance so we took one home and the kids painted it.
I was told several times that day that I'm the "coolest mom ever." Not to make any of y'all jealous or anything. Apparently my kids are just that easy to please.
And take a look at this girl's hair. She's sort of obsessed with it. As in there is maybe one day a year when she will let me come near her with scissors to trim it, and when that day comes we get down to business immediately before she changes her mind.
One of those days happened a couple of weeks ago and since I cut her hair so rarely, I completely forgot that hair gets shorter once it dries. In other words, the little woman has got short hair now people. And get this: she loves it! What???
This picture was taken just the other day on Ben's iphone. We have a creek that runs behind our house and a family of deer likes to hang out back there between the creek and our fence. Ben was able to sneak close enough to capture this picture of the fawn. This is one of the awesome perks of having a wooded lot. Lily told us that she has watched the deer from her room at night time before.
One of the not so awesome perks of all the trees was when our kids brought in a "cool shell" this week. I immediately screamed and threw it across the room, which of course put the kids in hysterics and they were wondering what was going on. I calmed down and said, "Just pick up the shell and bring it over here." Of course, after seeing me, they were going nowhere near that shell. Ben came down to figure out what was going on just to tell the kids how cool it was that they found a snail. That's right. I don't do snails. Or slugs, worms, snakes, or anything else that moves weirdly. I'd much rather deal with spiders. They don't bother me. For now I'll just stick to deer.
This week as I was doing scripture study with the kids when Ben was at activity night (since he's the new Teacher's Quorum advisor), I asked the kids how you get to heaven. Skyler answered, "On a plane! No, no, no. That's wrong. On a helicopter!"

2 comments:
I wanna see her hair cut! I think she'd look so grown-up with her hair shorter!
You deal with the spiders
and I will deal with everything else. Come on, kids! Let's have some fun...out of sight of mom! :)
Post a Comment