Yes. I do exist. And I hold my children. And I do all those other cool things that Ben is usually doing in pictures with the kids. I'm just usually behind the camera. Normally I wouldn't post such a gross picture of me but it makes me look like Miss North Carolina in comparison to the double chin shot Ben got of me today sleeping with Thad, so...
We are not cool enough to have come up with this idea ourselves. But April is. (Thanks April!)
Ben has been helping me with a few crafty things lately. I keep telling him that I finally understand why my dad always told us girls that we had to marry an eagle scout. It's so that they can help us with our crafting. I don't know why Ben stares daggers at me every time I say this.
If you've been to my house, you know what a whirlwind it is. Skyler's thing is running. He doesn't stop and he likes to go fast. And he is fast. I honestly don't have any idea how he still has chubby cheeks with all the calories he burns each day.
Also, the whole time I was snapping these photos I kept going back to this one picture of Skyler from 2011 in my mind. His cheeks aren't that chubby anymore... :)
Ella tried clipping her own toe nails this week. She was not successful.
Oh, hello there Mr. Vulture!
[This is the moment when you're probably wondering why on earth I have a picture of a vulture]
This little guy is our bus stop pet. He literally lives at Lily's bus stop. He may or may not swoop down at dog walkers who pass by. And he may or may not try to steal dead squirrels from the road.
Lily and I have had some interesting conversations lately about the circle of life. I should probably show her The Lion King. It's a little less graphic (and scary) than seeing it in real life.
My one hope is that we are left unharmed during this school year. Maybe he'll fly south for the winter??? Oh wait, this is the South.
My favorite time of the day -- picking up this gorgeous girl at 4:30. So far she has managed to forget her backpack on the bus and has had to run back to get it. And the other day she never came down the aisle to get off the bus and so the driver and I kept waiting and twiddling our thumbs. Eventually some kid said she was asleep and woke her up. But each day I get a big wave as she runs across the road with her backpack bouncing against her as she gives me the biggest smile. Ah. I love it.

3 comments:
Ah! I just loved this post!
The girls are reading this with me and we all got a good laugh at the old picture of Skyler's cheeks... Erin's comment? "he looks like a bulldog..." And your spider web looks great!
That's funny about the vulture. And kinda scary. I LOVE that picture of Skyler's chubby cheeks. Our kids grow up too fast.
Post a Comment