Friday, October 4, 2013

The Babies

When I say "the babies," I have to remind myself that this means Ella and Thad now rather than Lily and Skyler. 
 
 
Thad is almost two weeks old.  I think we're probably in the clear when I say that he's such a great baby.  I don't know how Ben and I hit the jackpot, but 3/4 of our babies have been easy.  Talk about a huge blessing.  Thad doesn't cry often.  His first night home he didn't cry once so I finally started getting up with him when I could hear him slurping on his fingers.  Now when he's hungry he just whimpers a little until we get him.  He also eats really well.  When Ben took him to a Dr. checkup when he was 5 days old they said he had gained as much weight as he possibly could without being on solids.  My translation: he will start putting on chub soon.  But I can't take any credit for that since he's being bottle fed.
 

 Today Ella had peanut butter for the first time.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



"Peanut butter, where have you been all my life?" -Ella
 
Just you wait until it's paired with chocolate, Babe.


 
 
Today I felt badly because I had to see my OB/GYN and when he asked to see a picture of Thad on my phone I realized I didn't have one.  He smiled and said, "Yep, he's a 4th baby alright."
 
Whoops.  I love you Thad?  I hope my faithful blogging counts for something...

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Love all the pictures. Especially of Ella in the last one. That is classic!

David & Brenda said...

So glad for modern technology and the miracle of seeing these little ones even though we're 3/4 of the way across the country. Soon...very soon...there will be no need for modern technology. Babies, here we come!