Life isn't harder with four, it's just busier. Don't even ask me about church today...
So the other day I had a million things to do at once and so I asked Skyler if he could feed Ella her lunch. He was thrilled. These two spent the next half hour giggling their heads off and Ella only managed to eat half of her pudding. It was fun to listen to. Finally I got up from feeding Thad to record it. (And P.S. that video clip I posted on facebook won't post here for some reason so I'll try to post it on the blog later).
Remember this Aunt Becca?
Ben is in Young Men and so with that comes campouts. Ben had one this weekend. I just assumed that we were on the same page when I was thinking that we should keep this secret from the kids. They've been wanting to go camping for a while and with Thad coming, it just hasn't been the right time for the last couple of months. So when Ben casually told Skyler that he was going camping this weekend Skyler was pretty upset and I was just staring at Ben like, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???
So to make it up to Skyler, Ben surprised him with his own tent in his bedroom.
On a side note, is the decor not amazing in this room? I mean, look at all those decorations that are not just sitting around in my craft armoire and gathering dust. I mean, this room totally is not the epitome of blah.
Uh, Buddy, the pillow's at the other end...
And speaking of pillows... since Ben was going to be leaving me with the four munchkins, he knew I'd need a little boost at some point. And I found this chocolate bar under my pillow when I finally got to bed. Sometimes he hides chocolate under my pillow on days when I'm going to need it, and other times it's just random. Thanks Hubs!
*Although I should probably mention that I felt completely guilty getting this because, knowing that life would be a little stressful at home without him, I totally rubbed in his face how we were going to have movie night with homemade cookies. And he still gave me chocolate. Ben, you're a good man.
Lately there has been an armed robber/kidnapper on the loose in our county who has been stealing a ton from people by robbing their homes and kidnapping them. It seems like each night he hits up someone new. So going to bed without Ben I was a little freaked out. I may or may not have put the suitcases full of books [that I had conveniently still not unpacked from the move] in front of the front and back doors. Paranoid much? And what are the odds that that was the night the cops caught him? I mean really? It couldn't have been the night before so that I would feel safe while my husband was gone?
This is exactly what happened tonight:
Ben: "There's just something awesome about falling asleep with a baby." *Goes and picks up Thad and lies down with him on the couch.* Ben passed out in two seconds and Thad is just now starting to doze. They're pretty cute over there on the other couch. I should probably mention that this is the second nap they've taken together today.
1 comment:
Freaky about the robber/kidnapper! Glad you don't have to worry about him anymore.
And if it makes you feel any better, Rose and Kate's room has yet to be decorated as well. What can I say, I just don't know how to decorate dark brown wood paneling. It's gross.
Post a Comment