My parents are a huge part of our kids' lives, but for some reason I never take my camera to their house, and for some reason I don't usually blog about anything I haven't taken pictures of. So they're sort of these invisible giants around here on my little blog.
Any time we say that we're going over to Nanni and Papa's house the kids get excited. They know that my parents spoil them way more than Ben and I do. Their house has a bunch of cool toys, actual TV other than just the PBS that we pick up with our antenna at home, Mia, and always something yummy to eat. [On lucky days we get treated to Cook Out. It's sort of awesome.] Any time the kids eat breakfast there they know they're getting chocolate chip waffles, my favorite breakfast from childhood [and adulthood]. Plus, my mom actually buys juice. And in boxes! Double plus! Basically food is just way cooler at Nanni and Papa's. The kids even get excited about eating boxes of raisins for their snacks. ????
Here are some pictures to prove that my kids actually do hang out with my parents.
I can't remember what these foam thingies are called but the kids love them. Here they were making an octopus and a jellyfish.
The coveted time with Nanni and her iPad and playing Bugs and Buttons and Super Why games.
One thing I don't think I've ever shared about Ella is that she hates men. As in, a man looks at her and *BAM!* she's in tears. The only man she loved from the get go was Ben. Probably this last Spring Ella finally warmed up to my dad because [shocker] he knew the secret to earning Macbeth love. Food. Now every time we go over there he always gives her a big handful of Goldfish and she's one happy woman. They have a great bond now.
I love living 35 minutes from my parents. We're far enough away that both families definitely live their own lives, but we're close enough that we can see each other whenever we want. It's likely that both of my sisters will also be moving back to the area within a few years. Growing up very far away from all family my whole life just makes it odd that there's the possibility of us all being back together again. It's so wonderful to think about. Grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. Aaaa! Awesome. My sisters and I have joked about having a co-op. Lizzie will give all the kids piano lessons, Becca will give voice lessons, and I'll give art lessons. Woot! And if any of our kids want to be athletic, then we'll just have to pass them on to the uncles.
I love family!
2 comments:
What a compliment to your parents! We're so glad your family has them close by. :)
I would love to join that family coop! That will be so fun to have all of you together. Maybe we will look for allergy jobs in the area. I am serious about that co-op thingy!! :) Our contribution will be cookies and free allergy consultations.
Post a Comment