Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thaddeo


Each of our kids has a nickname (or several).  They always come naturally and so we waited for Thad's to make its appearance.  It didn't.  I was tempted oftentimes to call him "Bishop" because he's our first baby to lose his hair and has this fantastic ring of hair around the bottom of his head like he's balding.  But I thought that was slightly inappropriate so I never went through with it.
 
But a couple of weeks ago we were loading the kids up in the car at my parents house when Skyler called Ben "Daddy-o."  Then he looked at Thad and said, "Thaddy-o."  It stuck.  He is now Thaddeo.
  • Thad full blown smiled for the first time during our nightfeeding last night.  I asked him if he was ready to go back to bed and he gave me a 2 minute smile.  I was basically a puddle on the floor after that. 
  • He only coos when the two of us are alone.  He likes to wait to have conversations with me when it'ss perfectly quiet and he has my full attention.
  • He is a cuddler.  This is a good and a bad thing.  Lily was our only non-cuddler and I can remember wishing so badly that she would just give in and snuggle.  Little did I know that when you have a cuddler, they don't like being put down.  Ever.  So Thad is held for a better part of the day.  I can survive a disorganized house and last minute dinners for his first year until he's more interested in running around than being in my lap.  I know how quickly these days disappear.
  • He loves church music.
  • He is starting to put on chub.  It's no surprise to me because he drinks 4-6 ounces per feeding.  I'm a happy mama right now.  Chunky baby thighs are heaven.  The only strange thing about his eating habits is that he doesn't spit up.  Instead, maybe once or twice a week, he vomits -- as in projectile vomiting.  It's pretty scary when it happens. 
  • Speaking of eating well, he typically has a bigger feeding right before we put him down for the night and then he sleeps 6-7.5 hours at a whack.  Not shabby for a month and a half.  I'm not complaining.
  • He's our first newborn who doesn't scream through every bath.  In fact, he doesn't cry at all.  High five Thad!
  • I am so thankful that I opted out of nursing completely this time around.  I have been on so many medications since I had him that it would have made life even crazier than it already is.  Not to mention I feel so much better emotionally.  Yay for formula!
Thad is the baby.  Naturally he is adored by everyone.  All of his siblings love him, but the relationship that interests me the most is Ella and Thad's.  It's like Ella gets that he's tiny.  Lily never learned how to be gentle with Skyler so that's what I was expecting with Ella.  But she totally gets it.  She's soft and sweet and gives him kisses all day long.  I can't say that I blame her.


1 comment:

David & Brenda said...

So nice to get the update on Thad. Wish we could be there in person to kiss that sweet face.