Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Baby Adoration

 
 
Guess who started laughing this week!
 
[Apparently being called a Fuzz Head over and over is hilarious to a 2.5 month old]

 

Get used to it, Bud.  You've got many more years of this to come.  I can see that you're thrilled.

Both girls love their baby brother -- and each other.  They cuddle all the time.

By the way, Ella getting ready for prayers is basically the cutest thing in the entire universe.  My personal favorite is when we're getting ready for a blessing on the food and she half folds her arms [like above] and eats at the same time with her free hand.

I'm throwing this picture in just for kicks.  I can't do anything while I'm holding a baby unless it has something to do with said baby.  When I try I typically manage to trip over the air, or empty the entire cabinet of cups when I'm reaching for just one bottle, or I get distracted by the cute baby in my arms and forget what I was trying to do in the first place.
 
Ben, on the other hand, is the opposite.  And if we're being honest here, he likes to rub it in my face that he's totally fine with multi-tasking while holding a baby [I mean, look at his face.  It says it all.] This is Ben making rolls while taking care of Thad while I'm just watching with a camera and no baby in my arms.  Because that makes complete sense, right?
 
 
 
For months and months I've been meaning to record some of my favorite Ella words.
 
Guy-yuh or Guy-yer = Skyler
Hi-yuh = hi
Zzz-Zzz = Jesus
Wah-er = water
 
Of course she says the typical "Num Num" when something is yummy.  And every time we tell her it's naptime or bedtime she runs to the baby gate and yells, "Nigh nigh!"  I don't know what it is about Ella that makes her so daggone adorable.  It might have something to do with her cackle laugh that happens every time she runs her wobbly run.  Or it might have to do with the fact that she loves cuddles and doesn't care how much I kiss her.  [I keep wondering if I should tally every time I kiss her just so I can get an idea of how often it is.  I'm guessing it's a few hundred per day.  Seriously.]  Maybe it's her bouncing curls or her fat legs that make finding clothes that fit a challenge.  Or maybe it's everything.  But whatever it is, she's lucky she's got it because it's not fun having a baby who thinks that 5:30 AM is the right time to wake up every day.


3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Mmmm! I want to kiss that baby face!

thepodfather said...

I, for one, think that Ella has the right idea of when it is time to wake up. Just think, she's already in the right habit for seminary (but somehow I think things will change before she starts High School).

Unknown said...

Holy eyelashes! What he is "lacking" (only for one of your children...) in hair on the top of his head, Thad is making up for in his eyelashes... A man can only grow such luscious locks in some many places at once... Your kids are really, really cute...