Thursday, December 5, 2013

'Tis the Season

I love Christmas time.  I love the decorations.  I love the music.  I love the traditions.  And I really love the DVD's my dad burned from old videos of the classic kid movies (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown...) with commercials from the '80's -- priceless.  California Raisins and York Peppermint Patties were never so cool.
 
The kids really get into this time of year, too.  They're old enough that they've been looking forward to Christmas for a long time. 
 
 

Lily comes up with these poses on her own all the time. 

"They won't notice me constantly eating ornaments," says the toddler with the red sparkly tongue.

 

Lily and Skyler made wish lists for Santa.  The first two things on Lily's lists are "feres" aka fairies and "dole dols" aka dolly dolls.  The rest is some sort of Kindergarten dialect that I have yet to be able to translate.  Can you tell they've been working hard on punctuation in her class?  She constantly corrects me when I read to her.  If I'm not practically screaming the sentence when it ends with an exclamation point I'm apparently reading it wrong.
 

Instead of making a list of things to ask Santa for, Skyler drew a picture of our house so that Santa would be able to find it.  That's Santa going down the chimney on a ladder.
 
Tonight was the big night.  Santa flew all the way down from the North Pole to visit our neighborhood club house.  We were pretty stoked about it since that meant we didn't have to wait in line at the mall and pay for photos.  He was really good with the kids. 





We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season.  May your tongues all be less sparkly than Ella's.

3 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

The only thing I can translate from Lily's list are: Bob books (assuming you know what those are...I personally can't stand them), cat, baby toys, and cars. That's neat your neighborhood did that! He looks like a nice Santa. :)

David & Brenda said...

Beautiful tree! Beautiful grandchildren! Funny Ella! Funny mommy!

Liz Wilcken said...

Alright, so I like to re-read your posts for fun, and the HP nerd in me really wants to know why don't you have all your HP books on the shelf?! You decorate your house so nicely, that when we move out there, I'm gonna need your and Mom's help to decorate my poor little house. We have like 2 pictures hanging up in our entire house. It's sad.