Monday, January 27, 2014

Embarrassing Moments


Guess who's 18 months!  Guess whose favorite milestone is taking kiddos to nursery!

Technically, they let me take Ella a week early because I had to teach Relief Society.  So her 18th month birthday was actually her second time in nursery.  So far it's not going super well, but I have high hopes for the future.

Here's to holding only one baby during the last 2 hours of church.  Woohoo!  Ben, we're so spoiled!



"Hi-yuh!"

Lily and Skyler were playing "Halloween" and would dress up and ask for pretend candy.  Skyler was a spider and Lily turned Thad's play mat into a "lemon wedge."  Clever. 


Just a few embarrassing moments that have recently happened.... all my own....


Ben goes into the office twice a week -- if that -- and of course one of the days that he was actually in the office I couldn't get our fridge's water dispenser to work.  All day long I had tried to get water for me or the kids and ended up frustrated.  I know some Samsungs have problems in the beginning of their lives and then are fine once they're fixed, and so I just blamed it on that.  So when Ben got home I told him that it was broken.  He took a look at it and let me know that the child lock was on.



While the kids were all taking morning naps before church, I slipped into the pantry to "sneak" a few chocolate chips.  I say "sneak" because Ben was actually behind me and saw the whole thing.  So right as I'm pulling down the bag of my all time favorite chocolate chips (Kirkland brand, I love you Costco) Ben says, "Uh, wanting some raw flax?"  And indeed, in my hand, was our bag of flax that I was about to shove a handful of into my mouth.  I think there will be a new rule that the flax and the chocolate chips are never to be placed close together.


You know when you get that inner feeling that something is terribly wrong?  Well it happened to me in the middle of my sleep last night.  I woke up suddenly and everything in our room was completely off.  I shook Ben awake (which I never do) and started yelling, "Smoke!  There's smoke in here!"  He looks around groggily and is like, "What?"  He goes back to sleep.  That's when I realize that I hadn't rubbed my eyes and everything was blurry.  We got a good laugh out of that this morning.


Sometimes I wonder how normal people live....

3 comments:

Benjamin Macbeth said...

The funny thing about the flax. The chocolate chips and flax are on different shelves... And when I asked her about the flax she thought I was being sarcastic and replied "Yes." I love you Heather. Never a dull moment at our house.

David & Brenda said...

Another funny story: Janice Kapp Perry got out of bed, put on her glasses, & went into the bathroom. She couldn't see and thought she was having a stroke or something and started yelling for her husband, saying that she was going blind. His response? "It would help if you put on your own glasses and not mine." These are the stories that keep us laughing...so keep sharing... By the way, love the picture of our 18-month-old Ella!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the humour you bring into my life!
I noticed the plaque that Grandma made is on the feature wall in the great room. I'm going to share this fact with them today. I know it will be them very happy!!