To the dismay of any child, we do not own couch cushions. So in order to survive the fort building stage, Skyler must resort to using kitchen chairs and blankets. He built a fort in which only boys were allowed to enter (which is ironically made with 3 pink blankets). So he scooted the Bumbo'ed Thad into his fort and they "played" aka stared at each other.
Then Skyler started making noises that made Thad belly laugh -- which then naturally made me start to belly laugh.
Side note: I just love being able to say "my boys" and "my girls." Two of each is a pretty awesome thing.
Today, Lily's school had their annual Fun Run. I'm just putting this out there -- when I was a kid, they put up cones around the parking lot and we ran around in circles until time was up and we all went inside. Things have changed since then. There were huge inflatables, there were speakers everywhere pumping out loud music, there was a whole Fun Run team (that does this as a living) that had microphones telling kids to be a cowboy or run like an Egyptian. It was just as much entertainment as it was a fundraiser and race. All five of us went to cheer on Lily for 45 minutes as she ran her 35 laps.
When we found Lily the first thing Ben and I said to each other was, "Whose jacket is that?" It's definitely not hers. When I asked, she told me it belonged to one of the boys in her class. She has a new boyfriend every week pretty much.
I have to admit that Lily was a fast little runner and she kept to the outer edge of the track. She did great! She even stopped to hug one or a bunch of us after every few laps.
At one point I told Ben I wanted to run a lap with her since a bunch of parents were doing it. When she saw me run out with her she went all turbo on me and sped off. Luckily, I was able to keep up -- but she tried to cut me off every time I tried passing her. We were laughing the whole time. We do this every time we go to the bus stop, too. It's a sweet victory when I can manage to sneak in front of Lily on the way up our street.
You know, I look terrible in this picture. My hair's not done. My makeup hasn't been done in a few days. I'm in a sweatshirt. But I LOVE this picture because it expresses so many moments I have with Miss Lil. I love that girl and I'd watch her run a million Fun Runs.
1 comment:
Loved this! That's great you could have fun together. And I loved seeing your Peppy (sp?) hoodie from high school.
Post a Comment