Friday, March 7, 2014

Lily's First Crush


Last night I was getting ready to do some crafting.  Whenever I craft I have a movie on in the background.  Last night I chose Thor.  I didn't even have the chance to get my craft on when Lily and Skyler came downstairs from playtime (they get an hour of playtime before bedtime every night) and asked if they could watch Thor with me.  The only other non-kid movie they've ever seen is the first Harry Potter movie.  Since Thor's completely clean and doesn't have that much violence compared to a lot of other grownup movies, I said okay.

Skyler was freaked out through the whole thing although he told me that "When I'm as big as Thor, I'm going to have a hammer just like him."  Lily on the other hand pretty much just had drool falling out of her mouth.  This is what said when he got his strength back at the end of the movie, "Oh Mom!  Look!  He got his muscles -- I mean, his strength back!"  When they showed him without a shirt earlier in the movie, her exact quote was, "Whoa."

Today Lily talked more about Thor.  She told me she wants to watch that movie a lot.  

And can I just say how tempting it is to calm Lily during the next thunder storm by telling her that it's actually Thor?


4 comments:

Alex and Family said...

I don't blame her at all. I pretty much drool through both Thor movies too. Mmmmm man candy :)

Unknown said...

I agree... "Whoa..." :P' ' ' (That's a drooly face - fyi...)

David & Brenda said...

Laughing! Definitely not the kindergarten crush I was expecting!

Mary Ann said...

Can't say I blame her....