Monday, March 17, 2014

The Zoo with Friends

On Saturday we got together with our friends, the Roths, and went to the zoo.  Besides all the craziness that comes from having 7 kids together in a crowded place, it was so fun and all of the kids really were great.  I think the kids all loved spending time together and I think the adults all enjoyed spending time together, too.  Plus we saw some pretty fun animals.  It was a win for everyone.


Ben and Steve helping the kids see the frogs. 



Am I the only one who thinks this looks like Pride Rock? 





 "Cheese!"  Isn't she adorable?!  I'm 90% sure this is Merinn, but there's a possibility that this is Awen.  

Ben's favorite animal of the day. 

 Since we wanted to be able to see the African animals and the North American animals we had to take a shuttle to get to the other side of the zoo.  Twice.  I think all the adults would agree that the shuttle was the low part of the day.  Having to break down our double strollers and take everything out of them while still managing all the kids -- not fun.  Somehow Jen and Steve ended up with 5 of the 7 kids while Steve was also holding some of our stuff.  Sorry guys!







The miracle of the day was that this girl actually slept in the car on the way home.  Say what?!

It was a fun day filled with good friends and perfect weather.  It will be great to do it again.  But Steve and I agreed on one thing -- it would have been so much harder to take our families separately.  I'm glad we had such a great time together!

1 comment:

David & Brenda said...

Definitely pride rock! What? The others don't see it?