I have exactly zero pictures of this week. ZERO.
[Besides the picture I took of a snake to see if the kids were in danger playing in the backyard with it lying in the grass, but then I compared it to the pictures online and I found out it wasn't poisonous after all and it also turned out to be dead. Run-on sentence anyone?]
Anyhoo. This week was Lily's Spring Break.
I didn't want to mess things up. I wanted to have a flexible plan so that we weren't stuck at the house with the kids whining that they were bored. So Ben and I had an informal planning session in which we listed a few activities the kids might be interested in doing. Then we called them down, let them choose what they wanted to do, and set a schedule in stone on the calendar. It made the break amazing!
So on Friday we all picked up Lily from the bus stop and headed out to a restaurant -- where Lily got food poisoning. YAY! So Saturday was spent at home where we did absolutely nothing other than watch Frozen three times. You think I'm lying, but I'm not.
Sunday was church, but then Monday we spent the whole day playing at my parents' house. Lily also went with me to hang out with Ben at his office and meet some of his cool coworkers. They played with my parents' neighbors and we all basked in the warm weather. Did I mention that we've had a seriously cold winter here and then Mother Nature got the memo that it was spring break and made sure it was in the 80's all week? Thanks for that, by the way!
Tuesday was our one chill, do-absolutely-nothing day.
Wednesday, Skyler had a friend come over for a play date while Ben took Lily skating for a date.
Thursday, Lily had a friend come over for a play date while Ben took Skyler skating for a date.
Friday, we gave them the option of going bowling or playing in the sprinkler. Ben and I were both worn out at that point and we were pretty disgusting from the yard work we had been doing and so we put on our "whatever you guys want to do" faces, and prepared to go bowling. But they chose the sprinkler and had a blast. Then I played night games with Lily and Skyler while Ben set up the tent in the backyard. I slept with them and it was great! Until it got freezing cold aka 61 degrees. The kids and I were all about to die from hypothermia when we went in at 6:45 this morning. Ben just shook his head at us in disbelief that 61 degrees could be considered cold.
To top the list, we spent more than half of our week outside. And it was extra special for the kids because they got to stay out until almost dark each night just riding their bikes and playing with neighbors. There was a huge consumption of cotton candy, cookies, and other goodies this week. It was a perfect week. My goal was to have a fun filled week that wouldn't exhaust Lily for when she went back to school.
Now that we've had such a great week, I'm ready to bring on summer!
1 comment:
Glad you all had such a great time and good weather too! Mother Nature played a trick on us and made the temperatures dip the week April's and Joseph's families were here. And now that they are gone, our temperatures are moving into the 80s. But that's okay. Our hearts were warm!! Wish we could have spent spring break together!
Post a Comment