Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ashley's Nutcracker Baby Shower

This is my friend, Ashley.  We are also Visiting Teaching partners.


Ashley and her husband had tried for 7 years to get pregnant without any luck.  I really sympathized with her pain because I've been close to many women who have struggled with infertility.  Then, they decided they needed to go visit family in Arizona.  While they were in AZ they knew of a doctor who apparently has this sixth sense with infertility and has helped many women get pregnant when other doctors have failed before.  He immediately saw what was wrong, and made it so that they could get pregnant!  When she announced her pregnancy I was so excited and I had already told Ben that if they got pregnant I would want to throw their baby shower.  Ashley let me take on the party and I think it turned out great!


We created a secret pinboard on pinterest and I let her choose whatever she wanted for the party.  Basically, Ashley did the planning and I made it happen.  Ashley chose the best theme ever for this shower:  Winter Nutcracker Ballet.  I was in heaven preparing for it even though it took a lot of time.




One of the things that Ashley requested was a hot cocoa bar.  I loved that idea and so I tried out a few recipes on my family before we settled on a good hot chocolate and white hot chocolate recipe.



Lily got to attend her first ever baby shower while Ben took the other 3 out to Chik-fil-a.  When Ben got back home with the kids about a half hour into the shower, Lily was so bored she went upstairs to watch Harry Potter with Ben and Skyler.  :)





I had to post this horrible picture of one of my best friends, Melanie, and me.  I don't think we have any other pictures together so this will have to do.  Melanie is my morning walking buddy and fashion consultant.


The gifts went under the tree and Ashley ended up with so many adorable things to use for baby Madeline!


We played baby registry Price Is Right and we had two people win!


We also made lots of adorable baby bows and headbands.


It was a great party.  Ashley had so many friends come and she left with lots of presents and bows.  Now we just have to wait for Baby Madie to come next month!

2 comments:

thepodfather said...

Sounds like a great party.
Any chance that you'll post the magic hot cocoa recipes?

Liz Wilcken said...

I agree with Papa! I want the recipes. And I'll take your fashion coordinator because you look AWESOME Heather. And your party looks like something off a pinterest board. Honestly, are you the one who started pinterest, because all the stuff you do is so cute and attractive!