Long story short -- we were planning to spend Monday by driving to the beach and going to an aquarium. Plans changed and the kids were naturally bummed so we decided to stay local and go to Raleigh's science museum. We started off the day with donuts.
A Blue Whale skeleton.
I think the coolest part of the visit for Ben and me was watching a butterfly partially come out of its chrysalis.
The butterfly room was amazing! There was even a sloth in there that decided to keep hidden.
But the kids mostly cared about the dinosaurs.
Ben for some reason thinks it's hilarious every time that we're at a pet store or even just talking about tarantulas that I get the heebie jeebies. Just looking at this picture makes me itchy all over.
So here's the story.
There was a tarantula in the butterfly room. The kids were too short to see it and Ben was pushing the double stroller. So I lifted Skyler and Lily up so that they could see it without actually looking at it myself.
After we had left the museum and were on our way home I checked my phone. Ba-bam. On my phone was plastered the above picture from none other than my charming husband. When I saw it I gave him a death look that I'm pretty sure made his day.
Fast forward to the next morning. I woke up being unable to open my right eye. PINK EYE. I had eyedrops from our family's last episode and so I quarantined myself to my room since the kids will be back in school in less than a week. Ben took over everything. He took all four grocery shopping on his own which may not sound like much until you watch how they wander all over the aisle and get in people's way and touch things that they're not supposed to touch. Then he made dinner for the couple who just had their baby whom I had signed up to feed them that day.
We thought I'd be better today. Nope. Fever returned and I woke up still looking like an albino. Ben had to watch the kids by himself again while I did absolutely nothing all day in bed. The kids were so bummed because I had promised to paint with them. Ben decided to kill two birds with one stone and around lunch time all 5 came into my room quickly to bring me this:
Then Ben had to do take 2 of making dinner for someone else: the elders who we promised a fun New Year's Eve game night to. He somehow managed to clean up and take care of the kids and cook and have a great night with the elders while I continued to do nothing.
As Ben and I say every day to each other, "I like you. You're my favorite."
And he is.
And I'll take a tarantula text any day from him.

2 comments:
The only thing not to like about Ben is that he makes the rest of us husbands look like total losers.
I hope you get feeling better quickly.
Absolutely best post ever for a mother to read (when the one being talked about is her son). Well done, Benjamin!
Post a Comment