Monday, April 13, 2015

Bad Easter Pictures and Lily's Dress Obsession

In case you were wondering (obviously you weren't), I have four kids.  That means a lot of things.  It means I do a lot of laundry, it means it's almost impossible to find a hotel room that's legally allowed to accommodate all of us, and it means that when it's time for an Easter egg hunt, it's almost impossible to get non-blurry beautiful pictures of each running kid while they're happy/finding an egg.  

Exhibit A:
This picture basically sums up the rest, so I'll spare you those.

We will also pretend that this is a wonderful picture of our kids enjoying their Easter goodies!  Look how happy they are!

*As a side note I want to mention that Easter is Lily's favorite holiday.  Right before I was going to turn out my light and go to sleep the night before, I heard something strange coming from the girls' bedroom.  I walked down the hall and opened their door only to find Lily hopping around like a bunny and saying excitedly, "It's Easter!  The Easter Bunny came!"  You can imagine her disappointment when she learned that, no, it wasn't Easter, it was 10:45 PM and she had to get back in bed.  There were many tears shed.*

Okay, this picture of Thad in his Easter outfit is basically the best.  My babiest of babies, my littlest of handsomes, my squishiest of squishies.


All year long, the kids do fundraisers.  All. Year. Long.
(I've joked with Ben that when we are homeschooling we should send the kids around the neighborhood doing fundraisers to support our school).
The Fun Run came up again and Ben was able to go and support Lily and Skyler.
That's my child right there.  The one who has to wear a tulle skirt on the day she runs 38 laps.  This is a perfect description of Lily.  On Saturday she attended a baptism in the morning and two birthday parties in the afternoon.  After we got home from the baptism I told her to go upstairs and change out of her dress so she could get ready to go to the parties.  She came downstairs with a new dress on.  That's Lily for you.  I love it. 



And there's Skyler!  His "girlfriend" is right in front of him.  And in case you didn't know already, Skyler is fast.  And in case you didn't read that correctly, Skyler would then tell you he is fast -- 5 more times.

These two.  13 months apart, have almost nothing in common, but are best friends.  Does it get any better than that?

3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

As Facebook would say, "Like". Check!

Becca said...

I love how intense Skyler looks when he's running. :)

thepodfather said...

I think it's time for a "Then and Now" posting of Skyler running. "Now" can be any recent picture of him going fast. And I KNOW that you know which one should be the "Then" picture - one word...Jowls.
Gotta love those kids of yours!