One of the perks of going on business trips is that when you come home from NYC, your kids can't wait to show you how much they love you by sitting on top of you during family scripture study. Hop on Pop, anyone?
Lily's Primary leaders gave each of the kids a journal to write their thoughts in as they read their scriptures each day. Lily has been reading on her own and as of a week ago when I last asked, she has read 16 pages from the Book of Mormon -- not bad for a 7 year-old. She asked me if everything in the scriptures actually happened, and I told her yes -- the one exception being the parables that Christ used to teach his disciples. She apparently took it the wrong way (as seen in the red writing above). I laughed so hard about that all day.
Ella struggled going into nursery until she became a Sunbeam. So naturally I was worried that she wouldn't do very well in Primary. I am in Junior Primary so I get to watch her and she is miraculously doing great! But she loves calling herself a sunbeam and is more than happy to tell Lily, Skyler, and Thad that they AREN'T sunbeams. This week at Costco, Sun Chips were on sale so I got them for the kids as a rare treat. Ella has been calling them "sunbeam chips." Today she saw a Sun Chips truck and said, "There are my sunshine chips!"
Lily and Skyler were house destroyers as toddlers. Ella has been our first picky eater. And Thad? Thad is really mischievous. He does things I would never imagine my other kids doing (like painting the bathroom walls with a paint brush and toilet water). The boys and girls' rooms each have their own en suite bathroom attached and so I have feared the day when Thad was no longer in a crib and would have access to all kinds of mischief. It was getting to be time to transition him. Skyler has been a great brother in this process. During the first night when Thad fell out of bed, Skyler was already getting up to help him by the time I came in. He has been reporting to me each day how Thad's been sleeping at night. But after Skyler's show and tell presentation at Classical Conversations today -- about losing a tooth, getting money from the tooth fairy, and actually seeing her and her pixie dust for the first time -- I'm not sure if I can consider his reports valid...
1 comment:
All of these cute stories are making me so excited to come play with the kids!
Post a Comment