Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Week

Mother's Day actually started for me on Thursday.  I serve on the Relief Society Meetings Committee and have for almost 3 years.  It's one of my top two favorite callings that I have held and I love it.  We have a meeting every month and this month we had a mother's appreciation "T" party.  We had speakers talk about saniTy, humiliTy, and spiritualiTy.  Our committee put together this tea party (aka lemonade party) with yummy finger foods and lots of flowers.  It turned out so precious and part of me hopes that this becomes an annual thing.  Our Relief Society works so hard at emergency preparedness, service projects, and learning other skills each month, that it was nice to sit back and enjoy a little spiritually fed party.

Just some of the ladies who attended.  I was so thrilled that so many women went way out of their way to dress up!  We all enjoy spending time together each month.

It had been raining all week and finally on Saturday we were able to go strawberry picking.  Each kid got a bucket and picked away.  They had a blast and I enjoyed watching their excitement.  These years of excitement over simple things won't last much longer and I'm trying to savor it as much as I can.


A very typical Ella smile.  :)



Watching them spending and enjoying time together is the best gift to me as a mother.

These two clones... gah.  I love them.



I'm not often in pictures, but I do want my kids to know that I exist too.  :)  I was just always behind the camera instead of in front of it.


It was a bright sunny day, but I'm glad to have this picture of me and my babes.



I think fathers are the most overlooked and under-appreciated people on the planet.  Aside from the gift that my children are to me, my favorite part of motherhood is getting to be partnered with this guy.  I couldn't do it without him.  The journey we've been on together has been my most favorite adventure ever.  To anyone who says that I'm a good mom, I'll say that I am because of him.  He helps me and serves me every day.  I'm truly blessed.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like everyone had a great time and that the weather was perfect! Did anyone eat a strawberry for me?

Liz Wilcken said...

LOL. Lily in that movie is the best. She's trying to be the star and push everyone else out of the picture. I think she and Rose would have so much fun together!