For our third field trip, we visited the NC Museum of Art. It is a fantastic museum, although it isn't very child friendly and so I was a little worried. The kids surprised me by how good they were but I will admit that at one point we lost track of Thad for less than a minute and a guard found him standing on top of a mosaic art piece. Ugh. I'm going to have nightmares about that forever.
We had two other families from our Classical Conversations group join us. It was fun to be with friends but it was a bummer that it was raining and we couldn't have our picnic afterward.
This was Ben's and my favorite piece in the museum. It's like an adult version of I Spy. There are glass versions of items found in famous paintings and you had to look closely to identify them. We were able to find the dead rabbit in a painting and I'm pretty sure the bouquet of flowers was one of Van Gogh's. It was a really fascinating piece.
Our art museum has a really big section dedicated to paintings of Christ. Ella wanted to stare at them forever. I was holding her in my arms and she wouldn't let me leave when everyone else moved on to the next section. She was really serious about it, but then when I pulled out my camera of course she turned into a cheeseball.
I'm pretty sure Ben's favorite part of the museum is the section with ancient Roman and Egyptian artifacts. Although some of the artifacts in a different section were over 4,000 years old.
Of all the pieces of art he could have had his picture taken with, he chose this one.
My friend Catherine is getting ready to throw a '90's party at her house and gave me a mixed cd with '90's music. This is Ella singing to The Cranberries. I don't know why she has always loved Zombie but she has. She started loving this song when she was 2. She's gone several months without hearing this song and suddenly it was on in the car again and she said, "This is my song!" While we were driving to the art museum Ella sang her version of Zombie.
No comments:
Post a Comment