Sunday, July 10, 2016

Lily's Baptism

Sara, Will, and Lily.  The three of them were baptized together on July 2nd.


I wanted some pictures of Lily in her baptism clothes at the temple.  Here are a few of our gorgeous girl:


She couldn't ever figure out how to pose.  I never have my kids pose because I like natural pictures of them.  The only time I have Lily pose is for her ballet pictures.  Naturally she started whipping out different positions with her feet and arms.  It's funny how when you say, "Act natural," the first thing they do is strike the most unnatural pose.  :)













It was a really special day.  Both sets of grandparents were able to attend as well as a good chunk of our ward and also our neighbors!  Ben couldn't have asked for a better gift on the day we celebrated his birthday than to baptize Lily.  The spirit was strong (when I wasn't trying to tame Thaddeo) and everything went smoothly (except that I brought Lily a towel to dry off with and forgot to bring Ben one).  

I will say that it's always baffled me how quickly time passes when you have kids, but nothing could prepare me for that day.  All of a sudden it was like *BOOM* you have an 8 year-old getting baptized, Heather.  I can't believe how quickly this is all going.  But it's a beautiful journey and I'm grateful to be on it, especially on days like this one.


No comments: