First of all, let it be known that I have been trying and trying for weeks to update the blog and for some reason it didn't let me. But I am quite used to technology hating me and so this is just par for the course. Carry on.
A while back I came up to Ben one day and said, "You know, I've been thinking about it. I really think we should go visit your parents since the kids haven't been there." He agreed and we booked tickets for a couple of months late in March. We purposely tried to align it with April's family's spring break because they would also be in Hurricane. But then Joe and Trina's families decided to come as well and so it turned into a somewhat last minute family reunion!
In case you are wondering, it was 18 kids and 9 adults in one medium sized house.
Ben restored a Willy's jeep with his dad when he was younger. His dad has since restored another one and all the grandkids loved going for rides in it around the empty lot next to their house.
The kids spent a good portion of their time playing in the very foreign red dirt. That first day Thad got so covered in dirt he literally looked like a red head.
Sometimes 27 people around can get a little overwhelming and you just need a Daddy hug.
... and then a couple of minutes later you're happy and posing for the camera because you're 4.
We went to Zion's National Park where we went on a gorgeous hike.
*My favorite part were all the people geeking out over squirrels. I feel like I need to let these people come explore my backyard where I could charge an hourly fee.
Ella and Pop Pop eating lunch together.
Such a Ben/Dad pose.
Ben with Alix and Erin.
Melt my heart.
Lily and Sam who are only a month apart in age. They are basically BFFs now. They are officially twin cousins.


No comments:
Post a Comment