Our family's schedule is busy to say the least. We literally have obligations Monday through Friday and many Saturdays and Sundays as well. Even though my parents only live 35 minutes away, we don't get much of a chance to go and visit them because of our crazy schedule. But my parents missed the kids and asked if they could come over for a sleepover. I dropped them off after our homeschool co-op finished on a Friday and didn't see them until dinner time the next day.
I love my kids, but I didn't miss them. LOL. Ben and I had a blast with our 24 hour date.
First we went out to The Cheesecake Factory and then to the movies to see The Greatest Showman. We loved it! Great movie. We've bought the soundtrack and the kids know all the songs even though they haven't seen the movie yet. We stayed out late and enjoyed thinking about how much money we were saving by not hiring a babysitter for our uberly long date.
The next morning we slept in and went to a local donuts and biscuits place we hadn't tried yet. We shared everything and it was so fun! We never go out to breakfast.
We came home and what exciting thing did I do since I didn't have kids at home? I took a long pregnancy nap. It was fabulous.
Then we went out to lunch at a southern BBQ place we hadn't tried yet but had heard rave reviews for months about. It was delicious.
**Side story** In first grade my class celebrated Thanksgiving together by having a big pot luck. One of the dishes that was brought in was Brunswick Stew. I literally thought the pilgrims ate Brunswick Stew until I was a teenager and finally realized Brunswick Stew was just a Southern dish.
No comments:
Post a Comment