Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Relief Society Work

I've been serving as the Relief Society First Counselor for over a year now and it is one of my favorite callings to date.  It helps that we live in an incredible ward and I work with a hard working presidency.  I love my calling and I dread being released.  That being said, it also is quite a bit of work.  Whenever I come across spare time I instantly think of something I could be doing for Relief Society and that typically gobbles up my time.  But I love the sisters in our ward and the different strengths they have to offer.  

I'm over all our activities and we have a lot of them.  We have several different things to choose from each month so that each sister has her options.  For our big official RS meeting in February, we were able to organize meal prep for 250 homeless people living in Durham.  We combined with the YW to help our efforts and it was done so quickly I couldn't believe it.  Everyone was doing something.  There weren't many people just standing on the sidelines.  That is one of the many reasons why I adore this ward.  I love our ward members so much Ben and I genuinely consider them our second family.



No comments: