For those of you who don't know the story behind the changing table, let me tell you about it so that I can brag about my husband. :) Shortly after we discovered that I was pregnant Ben decided that he wanted to build something for the baby. Ben has always enjoyed woodworking and so he originally decided to build a crib. Well, plans changed when we found an amazing deal on a crib and so he decided to build a changing table instead. Ben hasn't had a lot of time to work on it because of school and working his regular job and doing his internship at the same time, but this morning he completed it before running off to work! It looks gorgeous! I have to say that I'm grateful to have a husband who's a handyman and can build things like this! After looking at the back I discovered that Ben had painted "I love Heather" on the back. He thinks he's cheesy but I think it's cute!
Well Lily had her first playdate with someone her age. Our friends Pendie and Robyn had their son, Pendie Jr. exactly 6 weeks before Lily was born. So this past Friday Robyn brought Pendie over and we put the babies on the floor together just to see what would happen. Well, it was quite exciting. There was a lot of spit up involved, and they liked to look in opposite directions, and by the end of the visit they were both in tears. I think they're going to be great friends! :) I love this picture though because little Pendie looks like he's about to pick a fight and Lily's wearing the onsie that Pendie and Robyn gave her. It says "This is my little black dress" on it. Thanks Robyn!
Well since Lily was first born she has been in love with Ben's fingers. In fact Ben's finger was her very first pacifier and she loves those fingers so much that every now and then she prefers them to her actual binkies! Last night after Ben gave her a bottle he played with her a little bit.
P.S. I'm so glad that we blessed Lily on a random Saturday instead of yesterday - four babies were blessed in our ward!
4 comments:
That movie is AWESOME! I was laughing out loud! I'd better go find mom and dad so I can show them...
I LOVE LILY! :D
BTW, great job Ben! That changing table looks amazing! Y'all should have posted a pic of the back of it too!
The amazing changing table is truly amazing (especially with that secret note)--I love your hubby!!! Lily and 'Lil Pendie are adorable, I love the binkie video, and I'm so glad you blessed Lily when you did. Love y'all!
well, nothing i would say would sound special because it's already been said, but i'm leaving this post anyways, so you have something to read :D JK, Rose watched the movie with me and said something that sounded like, "cousin lily" :) yeah, we definitely need a picture of the back of the table.
Post a Comment