Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My 6 Quirks...






Lily is now a thumbsucker. Sad day.



Ben walked in on Lily like this when she was waking up from a nap. SHe likes to scoot around... I'll put her on the floor, wash some bottles, and come back just to see that she's rotated 180 degrees. Crazy baby!







So I've been tagged again. Before I begin I want everyone to know how much I love my husband. I seriously love him to death and I just have some things that kind of bug me. They're all stupid and unimportant but here they are. My 6 quirks are:

1) Cabinets. If cabinets are left open I can't stand it. Even if I'm in the living room relaxing I have to get up to close a cabinet left open. Ben has absolutely no problem with cabinets being left open, but I just can't stand it.

2) I pretty much clean like crazy every night before I go to bed. I was never been much of a neat freak until I went through that nesting phase when I was pregnant with Lily. Seriously, I went through it so badly. It got to the point where everything in the apartment was clean so there was nothing I could do and I was so close to asking Ben to just get out some ketchup and squeeze it everywhere so that I could have something to clean. Thank goodness I don't feel that way anymore, but I do feel like a neat freak now and that my nesting phase never really ended... but don't worry.... I'm DEFINITELY not pregnant. :)

3) Dishwasher. If Ben loads the dishwasher I have to reorganize all of the dishes and silverware because he just puts things in wherever but I have this organized map in my head where everything belongs. I.E. put all the forks together, the knives together, and the spoons together in their own compartments, etc... I don't know why this bugs me. I'm just a weird person.

4) Keys. I always keep my keys in the exact same place so I can just grab them on my way to class or wherever I'm going. Ben will leave them in pockets, Lily's car seat, in the car, etc. and it bugs me to death!!! I just wish that all of our keys could stay in a set place so that finding them isn't an issue when we're being pressed for time.

5) Chocolate. If a dessert doesn't have chocolate chances are I won't like it. I was kind of a picky kid but I've grown out of that. I like almost all food but for some reason I'm picky about desserts. If I'm making something like apple pie I'll put ice cream to the side with caramel sauce and hot fudge. Yes, I'm that lame.

6) Crude jokes. I really hate it when people tell crude jokes. They're just not funny to me. I think this is because of how I was raised. I never had that kind of humor around me when I was growing up and so I guess that makes me more sensitive to it as an adult.

I tag anyone who is interested in sharing their quirks. Sadly you all know the weird things about me now...

5 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Don't you each have your own set of keys? That might help...especially if a set gets locked in the car (assuming you lock your car door). I also used to have a prob with the way Brian would do the dishes, then I told myself that he was just trying to show me that he loved me, and to not correct it, because when I did, it probably made him feel that he was trying to help but he did it all wrong (which isn't correct since there's more than one right way to do pretty much everything)!

April Bishop said...

What?!!? Your husbands do dishes?!!?

Not only Lily & Sam look alike, they have the same bedding! it's a cute set, huh?

Liz Wilcken said...

k, since i know you don't get to read all of the funny parenting moments on your blog here's my new favorite: A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning and brought her a cup of coffee. He made it himself and was so proud. He anxiously waited to hear the verdict on the quality of the coffee. The grandmother had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in the bottom of the cup. She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the bottom of my cup?" Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it’s like on TV, ’The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup." Anyways, if you see me keep coming on your blog, even multiple times a day, it's just to read those. PS- Is there supposed to be a family picture in the upper right hand corner of your blog? Cuz I don't see it :(

Rachel said...

yes, this week should be fine sometime... just give me a call when you want to come... wednesdays are not the best, and thursday i have a docs appt at 10ish... so other than that great... i can't wait to see you. i understand, life has been crazy for me too with school.

Liz Wilcken said...

come visit our blog to add a widget to YOUR blog supporting Proposition 8!