Friday, July 31, 2009

Skyler James is Finally Here!!!!!



Our little Skyler is finally here. After 6 false labors and 6 hours of labor, he was born at 2:18 pm on Thursday the 30th of July. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 19 inches tall. Since I am no blogger, I will leave all the humor to my dear wife.



The birth went well. He was born face up, but because of how fast he came thankfully there was no bruising. He is extremely healthy and started nursing like he had done it before (I don't know if heather will agree, but I thought it was super fast).



Heather is doing really well. After the delivery she had a cheese burger, fries and a shake. Other than being a little tired she said that yesterday was a pretty good day. She sure does love and adore her little boy. We both think that he looks more like her (Which his daddy doesn't mind), but Grandma Whale thinks he still has my nose.



All in all we just love our little boy. Yes, the pregnancy was hard, but having him here makes it all worth it. God really is blessing our little family with amazing spirits. We really are a blessed family. Now we only have to teach Lily that he is not another doll, chew toy, or drum. What fun!

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

woohoo! congrats, you guys! your little family is adorable. :)

Cheryl said...

It is so nice to finally see little Skylar! You both look amazing after the delivery! :) Thought I'd make Heather groan. :) Seriously, you look amazing Heather! Skylar is handsome! He looks like Lily's brother! It's too bad that we weren't able to pass through Rexburg after Skylar was born, but I'm glad that Uncle Jim got to see you just the day before...Heather you are one amazing young woman! Love all you all!!!!

Chrissy said...

I have been checking your blog every day wondering if he was here yet. CONGRATULATIONS!! He's a beauty. I am so glad that he and Heather are healthy.

Karen said...

Way to go Heather!! He's darling and you look great and Ben looks starstruck - just the way we like new dads. Congratulations. PS. I'm putting his birthday down as the 30th. xoxo

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

YAAAYY! Finally :) I've been waiting for this exciting news! :) Congratulations, you guys! I can't believe you have two! How wonderful! Anyway, I'm with Karen and I think he was born on the 30th, unless my calendar was off :) Haha... Can't wait to hear Heather's side of the birth story! Love, Alex

Linda Westover said...

Congratulations! Now Carla and I
can share our birthday with a BOY. We're thrilled that everything went well. Love to you all!!

April Bishop said...

Congratulations daddy! Look at all that hair. That means you lost that much in the course of the pregnancy. Just ask Tom... He's a sweetie. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. love you!

April Bishop said...

Our little Skyler is finally here and well worth waiting for!! I am filled with wonder that our Benjamin is the father of a second child. This little boy is the first one to carry on the Macbeth family name of all the descendants of John and Grace Macbeth.

He is adorable, Benjamin and Heather!!!! I am so excited to be able to hold him and love him in person soon. Dad and I feel very blessed. Congratulations to all 4 of you; you are in for a wonderful journey!

I am writing this from April's blog, but this post is really from your mother.

Glad you are doing well, Heather. I know today will be exciting as little Lily meets her brother. Our little Lily is a big sister! Amazing!!

Love you all!!

Mum

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

congrats! He is amazing!

Becca said...

What a handsome little dude! Can't wait to see him! :)

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been waiting for this post! I hope the labor was easy and that you adjust to two little ones easily. He's such a cutie! You sure can see that he and Lily are siblings. Good luck! I'm sure there are challenging days ahead as you figure out how to do this with two, but you will do just great!! So happy for you!! :)

Brenda Sue said...

YAY!! I'm so happy he is here! You look AMAZING!!!! Only 6 hours of labor, how nice is that!? He's definitely a Macbeth! Love you all!!! Can't WAIT to meet him!!!