I know that there are a lot of people out there who have a vendetta against V-Day. I'm not one of them. I {heart} all holidays. Why do I love holidays? Because I hate anything that's the norm. I hate repetitive weather, radio stations, outfits, schedules, basically anything that always stays the same. I always embrace change. So Valentines Day is my time to have an excuse to eat all the yummy food I want, all for the sake of having a special day with my fam. :)
They were each other's valentines this year. I think they look quite adorable together.
P.S. This is not staged. They LOVE hugging each other. I've got to take pics while it lasts.
On Friday Miss Lil was diagnosed with both types of flu and she looked like this for HOURS on Thursday. Those of you who know Lily well know that she makes the Energizer Bunny look like a snail. Lily is nonstop go, go, go, so when she collapsed on the couch I knew something was wrong. Unfortunately I then got the flu, and now Skyler has it. So much for flu shots working. :(
I'm going to let you in on a secret: this was the 5th Valentines Day that Ben and I have shared. It was also the 5th time that we stayed at home. We have NEVER ONCE gone out on Valentines Day and I LOVE it. So despite having the flu, I really tried my best to make it a fun day. We didn't have enough time to do chocolate fondue with the kids before bedtime so it looks like we'll just have to do that tonight. Oh darn! ;)
I love Liller's imagination. She cracks me up. And Captain Handsome Pants LOVES bubbles more than almost anything.
Lil's Quote of the Day: "Daddy's on a horse going shopping!" OK?????????



7 comments:
Hahaha...I'd love to see Ben on his noble white steed, off to the supermarket! Tally ho!
Wow, they have great imaginations! And I love the tissue box on the table.
Here's a secret from me: I've never had fondue. Unless you count the chocolate fountains at parties. Nope. Not once.
I think the white blanket over Lily is in the shape of a heart! Was that an accident? It is a cute shot for Valentine's day!
If I was eating chocolate fondue, I'd want to stay home every year too.
Love the picture of them hugging. Jonathan is so sick too, I think the whole country is sick. :( But hopefully you won't get it, because when Mom is down, everyone is miserable!
I love all holidays as well! Who doesn't want an extra excuse to party? Cute shots of the kids. How dare they grow up so fast? Are you all feeling better now?
I love love love the photo of Lily and Skyler hugging! Happy Valentine's Day again all y'all! Glad you were able to celebrate Valentine's Day in spite of being sick with the flu...because LOVE is what it's all about!!
your night in shinning armor riding off on a hourse!
Post a Comment