Sunday, February 6, 2011

Randomitis (my official disease of randomness)



All y'all know by now that we love cooking/baking around here.  When we have a rough day we don't make lemonade.  We make cookies.  And then I eat half of them during nap time and give myself a pep talk.  :)

Ta daaaa!!!!!  

Lily's Quote of the Week (sorry this was posted on facebook, too)

We were at Wal-Mart and we saw a lady with a huge fro, and Lily, being loudest person on planet Earth screamed, "NICE HAIR!!!!!"

Just a few random reading things......

  • I officially assign you to read Matched, by Ally Condie.  She's a Mormon author and if I were a betting lady I would say that she is the new Stephenie Meyer, except WAY better.  Hey, lay off me Twilight fans.  There was a day when I loved Twilight, too. The book is about a Dystopia in the near future (think Lois Lowry's The Giver except WAY better) where the government decides who you marry, what your occupation is, and when you die.  It's the first in a trilogy so if you're one of those people who can't handle waiting forever you may want to wait until the fall of next year to read the complete set.  Ally Condie is coming to Raleigh this month and I'm soooooo going to her book-signing.  Anyone want to come along?
  • I'm not sure how I feel about James Dashner's The Maze Runner. Since I haven't decided yet I'm going to read the sequel and see if that can make up my mind.  Did you read it?  What did you think? (And is it just me or are there about 4839 billion famous Mormon authors?!?!)
Have a fabulous week y'all!!!  Are you gearing up for Valentines Day?!?!  



4 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Heather! Just found your blog. I haven't seen you for awhile, I think, scratch that, I know that we need to do something soon! And I am one of those who can't wait for the next book to come out, so I will put that on my list of "Must reads...but not yet"

Carla and crew said...

Hey, James Dashner used to be in our ward and he came to our bookclub last week! He said there are 3 Maze Runner books, and he says he does NOT try to write Mormon doctrine into his stories! I kinda liked the Maze Runner, but I really enjoyed his 13th Reality series. He is originally from Georgia, so he can be your neighbor too!

David & Brenda said...

What great grandkids! The video clip makes them feel a little closer. Sure love those 2!

Chrissy said...

K, I just ordered Matched from my library. Since they don't have any available copies, it will be awhile but I am excited to read a good book! So thanks so much! (I'm not a Twilight fan either. I was until book 2, ha ha!)