Saturday, February 26, 2011

This Weekend

I went to Ally Condie's book signing.  In case you're wondering, she's just as nice as she looks.  In fact, she's pretty awesome.  And since she has the misfortune of not living in the South I brought her some Bone Suckin' Sauce (aka bbq sauce made in Raleigh).  In my copy of MATCHED she wrote "do not go gentle."  If you've read it, you'd understand.  

This is Herman the Whale.  He was originally my parents' and then somehow ended up belonging to me in my tween years.  As you can see Lily, Skyler, and "their father" *ahem* were running around when "their father" said, "look Heather!  It's a whale and we're sharks swimming around it.  Maybe you could lie down with it."  And that was the first whale joke I've had in a long time.  And no, they're still not funny as you can see.  Yeah, Hubby, I hope you read this.  :P

The newest game invented by the genius minds of Lily and Skyler.  Seriously, brilliant.  They dump all of their blocks on the floor, turn the thing upside down, and keep themselves happy long enough for me to make dinner.  My favorite part is how Skyler has to brace himself for the big jump.  :)

Ben and I went on a date to see Harry Potter today.  Yes, I realize that I'm always way behind on movies.  I'm cheapo.  I don't go see them until they're in the dollar theater or on Redbox.  So sue me.  Anyhoo, I've decided that I will always love Harry Potter.  And yes, I grew up with the kid and I still think the whole series is BRILLIANT, but let me make one thing clear.  No, I did not name my LILY Jane and Skyler JAMES after Harry's parents.  That would just be stupid.  In fact, we almost named Little Handsome James, but we purposely didn't so that people wouldn't go, "Oh my gosh.  You named your kids after Harry Potter characters."  Although, confession:  I swore to myself in Elementary School when the books were new, that if I ever had twin boys their middle names would be Fred and George (aka the best 2 characters in ANY book) and I still hold true to that promise.  So I better not have twin boys.  Because I seriously will break my don't-name-any-kids-after-Harry-Potter-characters promise.  Sorry, Ben.  A promise is a promise, even if it was to myself in 5th(ish) grade.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hmmm...I wonder if Benjamin subconsiously sees this game as synonymous with dating and marrying you!?
Cute kids!!!

Lesa said...

Awesome. Seriously. This whole post just made me smile. :)

Liz Wilcken said...

Yeah...I SERIOUSLY wanted to name the twins Fred and George, but alas, I had girls. Which I LOVE! And isn't it weird that there's also a Rose family member in HP as well?