Before it was torn to pieces by one of my children, the book Raindrop Plop! was one of my kids' favorites. And we had a raindrop plop day on Friday.
It all started when I needed to make some phone calls and the kiddos were getting very impatient and loud. They tugged at my clothes and begged to go outside so I opened the door and let them escape so I could have some peace and quiet while trying to hear whoever was on the other end of the call. About 2 minutes later I peeked out the window to find this:
Serves me right, don't you think? Well played, children. Well played.
At that point it was lunchtime so I said, to heck with it, we're eating lunch in the pool today. So they did. And since my son takes 45 minutes to an hour to eat each meal I think that that fudgesicle melting was a great lesson for him. He wasn't too pleased.
When the babies woke up from their naps we all joined Ben out in the garage for some motorcycle time and watched the crazy rainstorm outside.
And then we made a Thai dinner, ate it on the front porch, and then ran out to play in the water.
Are you ready for the photo of the year?
Because it's quite amazing.
And I realize I'm no photographer, and that this was just the luck of the draw.
But it doesn't make this picture any less amazing.
Prepare yourself....
And people think I'm joking when I say that I love to watch Skyler run. His jowls are like fleshy yo-yo's. It's fabulous. If Skyler were to be a mutant from X-Men I think his super ability would be to age himself quickly. If he could just grow a couple feet more, he'd already be able to get AARP membership.







11 comments:
Cute pictures! Your rain is obviously much warmer than ours...we had to put on warm coats for the neighborhood breakfast in the sprinkling rain this morning:D
Next picture needed: Sky's head sticking out the car window in the wind (like a dog) :)
That is a great picture!!
I love all these pictures! :) Adorable and so funny. Kids--they'll outsmart you every time. :)
Hahahahaha.... AARP. Nice! I love it when a blog post makes me laugh out loud! Keep 'em coming! :)
I agree with April, I love when I'm able to have such a good laugh! You'll have to put this photo in his wedding slideshow. :Your kids are adorable!! How could they not have such bold personalities with parents like they have!!!! Glad to include you as family!
So funny! And full of warm fuzzy feelings for this grandmum as I laughed and smiled.
That pic of Sky made me laugh for a few minutes. Spencer was over studying with Preston and he was like, "Does he always look like that?!" Too funny. Now we know what he'll look like when he's 70.
LOL and LOL again!
That pic is the best. It reminds me of when a bull dog is running. Now you just need to do a slow motion video :)
bahahah oh i love those two so much :) :)
Post a Comment