Yes I know this post is coming late. And I'm a pretty punctual person. Actually I'm pretty OCD about being on time. But anyway, Easter was a fabulous holiday in that it was also my mom's birthday. So we went to church with my parents and then went back to their house for a fabulous faux-thanksgiving/birthday dinner. And holy guacamole! The Easter Bunny stopped by their house, too. He left stuff like candy, toys, and an easter egg hunt in the backyard. My kids were pretty excited. It's a good thing the Easter Bunny barely left them anything at our house because between potty training, Nanni and Papa's birthdays (my dad is 3 days older than my mom) and Easter, my kids had their fair share of sugar. Let the bouncing off the walls commence.
Captain Handsome Pants got his shirt all wet so he had to do the egg hunt in just his, er, Handsome Pants.
I'll give a gold star and the remainder of my kids' easter candy to whoever can find my dog in this picture.
Mother's Day was awesome as usual. I woke up to chocolate chip waffles, bacon, and eggs in bed. We went to church where the kids were untoddlerishly awesome. I came home, ate lunch, took a 3 hour nap, and woke up to a steak dinner, which my parents also accompanied us for. Oh yeah and Ben made us chocolate covered strawberries. Yum-o.
And a pic of me and my mom. Because I can't even remember the last time we had our pics taken together.
One of the curses of being a family member or dear friend means that you have no idea when you're going to be mentioned on my blog. HEE! HEE! HEE! HAW! HAW! HAW! (That's my evil laugh that I stole from the chef in The Little Mermaid. Watch it. You'll realize how awesome it is. Please note that you must do it with a French accent to perfect the scariness.) Anyway, here are a few things I bet you didn't know about my mom:
- She was an interior designer in Beverly Hills before she became a mom.
- She served her mission in Madrid, Spain.
- She lived in Samoa for 3 years when she was a teenager.
- When she laughs hard, I laugh harder because I'm laughing at her laugh because it's just, well, laughable. Oh yeah, and then I cry afterwards because I laughed too hard. My sister, Becca, does it, too.
- She only turned me down once when I said the infamous words: "Can I keep him/her?!?!?!" regarding pets of every species. Although I'm pretty sure she's said those words to my dad quite a few times, too....
- Her favorite flowers are lilies. Good choice, Mom. And no, I'm not biased toward lilies AT ALL. I would never name my daughter that or anything. Or put them in my wedding bouquet. Or plant them in your yard.
Just for the record, I don't need holidays/birthdays to remember how awesome/cool/lovable my mom is. Because she's like that all the time.


8 comments:
Thank heavens I'm the normal one that only laughs at mom's laugh, and not cry. We don't need one more of those. Except it gives mom and me a chance to laugh at you and Becca, cuz ya'll bursting into tears is just as awesome as mom's laugh. :)
and obviously this was Lizzie talking. Not brian.
What years was your mother on her mission to Madrid?
The day sounded absolutely marvelous!!!
Super fun. And I want the gold star because your dad is holding you dog. And I'll expect the candy in the mail... :) Love Lily's hair!
Awww..I loved this post. I love Mom. And I love laugh/crying with you. :)
fun learning more about your mom. Guess I should have her over to help me decorate.
Your dog is under your dad's left arm.
I think the last time we had our picture taken together was at your wedding. Thank you for all your kind comments--it's good there's not a day set aside in the year to remember all the mistakes our moms make--yikes!
Post a Comment